A.T.B 13

Check out my new story Undercover Hoe

| C H A P T E R 13 |

I looked around the spacious office awkwardly. Everything around me has been moving so fast I haven't had time to think.

My mother once said that life is only as fast or slow as you make it, the pause button is always available. And that's what I needed to do. Hit the pause button.

I walked over to his desk and found a blank sheet of paper and a pen. I began to write.

Dear Old Me,
This letter is dedicated to the girl I use to be. The girl who enjoyed singing and being free. The girl who smiled at a simple buzzing bee. This letter is dedicated to the girl I use to be. The girl who enjoyed her parents and the love they bring. The girl who swore up and down that she would never be on these streets. This letter is dedicated to the girl I use to be.

I put the pen and read over what I had written. The poem spoke volumes but it was missing something that I couldn't quite figure out.

Getting up I walked back over to the sofa and balled myself up. I slowly cried myself to sleep as I recited the poem over and over again.

****

"What are you doing in here?" I heard a soft feminine voice ask me as I was now up drawing pictures of flowers that I saw outside the window.

I looked up towards the door and saw a Hispanic girl around my age with long brown hair and sparkling emerald eyes staring down at me.

"Um, I'm waiting for someone." I said hestinatnly wondering who the girl was.

"My brother has never had a girl wait for him in his office." She said and then it dawned on me.

"You're C.K's sister?" I asked softly.

"Why? What's it to you?" She asked suspiciously.

"I was just wondering, you guys look very similar." I said truthfully in which they did. "I'm Tatyiana by the way." I told her stretching my hand for her to shake.

She looked at it weirdly before grasping my hand. "Danielle, but you can call me Dani." she recited once she let go of my hand.

"It's nice to meet you." I said

"Likewise," she said walking past me and sitting in the big chair behind his desk.

"So how long have you and C.K been messing around? You don't look like his normal type but my brother has always been a mystery to me anyways." She suddenly asked causing the pencil to slip out of my hand at the question she had just asked.

"Messing around? We have done no such thing. I wo-"

"What are you doing here Dani?" A stern C.K said. He was behind quite that I didn't even hear him entering the room.

I looked back and admired the white tee the clung to his muscular physique and the gold necklace that latched onto his neck. Though C.K was the most mysterious and confusing person I have ever met he was a beautiful work of art.

"I have to have a reason for coming down and visiting my big bro?" I heard Danielle ask in a playful sarcastic tone.

"I'm not in the mood for your childish antics today." He said walking further into the office shutting the door.

He walked to a closet, pulled out a key from his baggy sweats and unlocked it throwing in a large black duffel bag that I hadn't even realized he was holding.