A.T.B 26

"My mother was my living angel. She knew of exactly what to say and when to say it. She was more than my mom, she was my best friend. I knew this day would come eventually, but-I'm still unprepared. Thank you guys for coming out and I appreciate all the love and support." I spoke stepping from the podium.

As I walked back to the pew I glanced back at my mother's open casket and admired her beauty. I couldn't phantom that this would be the last day I'll be able to look at her face, but I knew she would take care of me and my sister from heaven.

I sat down in the first row and gathered Dion in my arms as she cried on my shoulders. I hated that she couldn't grow up with a mother like I did. I hated that she had to experience and I knew now I had to focus all my time and attention to making sure my sister lived the best life.

...

"How you feeling?" Genesis asked as she sat across the kitchen table from me. It was a few hours after the wake and everybody finally left. I put Dion to sleep hours ago and now it was just me, Genesis, Kriss, and C.K in the house. Kriss was helping me put up the food and C.K was in the living room watching the game. He wanted to give us girls some privacy.

"Honestly," I began looking down at are hands as a tear slipped down my cheek. "I'm still in the healing process. I've prepared for this day since we got the news but now that it actually happened; feels like i'm starting the process over again." I told them.

"It's going to get better." Genesis said rubbing my hands.

"Yeah T, and we're going to be here for you every step of the way." Kriss said walking behind me rubbing my back and sitting down at the table with us.

"I'm really thankful I met you guys." I told them wiping my eyes.

"Bitch I'm glad I met you." Genesis said making us laugh.

"Gen you a mess." Kriss said shaking her head. "I bet you're glad you met someone don't you." she said wiggling her eyebrows as her eyes went back and forth from the living room to me.

I giggled, "Yes I am very glad for that." I said looking back into the living room and watching C.K lay back on the sofa watching the game.

"I don't know what I'm going to do about this house. I don't want to give it up but I don't think I have a choice. I'm scared they might take Dion from me since I'm not eighteen yet." I admitted.

"Hey," Gen started, "we'll figure that out when it starts to approach, for now just start healing, okay?"

"Okay," I sighed.

After a few more hours of chatting the girls helped me clean up and then left but not before smothering me in hugs and kisses. Wishing me a speedy recovery. I waved them off and closed and locked the door returning to the living room.

I tilted my head as I watched C.K staring at me once I entered the living room.

"Come here." he beckoned.

I dragged myself across the room and towards him as he pulled me into his lap wrapping his arm around my waist tightly as he began to kiss my neck.

"How you feeling?" he asked rubbing his thumb across my cheek.

"I'm okay, I knew it was coming. I'm just stressed about what's going to happen to this house and Dion." I told him truthfully.

"Don't even worry to much about that, you know I got you regardless." he said causing a small smile to form.

"Yeah I know, but-"

"It's not up for discussion." he said cutting me off and attacking my lips. We kissed heavily for a while before he flipped me on my back wrapping my thick thighs around his waist .

"I want you to make love to me." I mumbled breathlessly against his lips as I nibbled on cheek bones. "Please" I whispered running my hands under his shirt.

"Not today baby," he said kissing my neck. "I don't you to remember it like that." he told me getting off of me and helping me sit up.

I guess he was right, but I was still a little disappointed about getting rejected. He grabbed my hand and led us to my room so we could get a good night of sleep due to today's events.

Good night mom.

...

This chapter was INTENDED to be very short. This is just a filler, I didn't want to do too much for the funeral chapter because I have a lot of things I want to play out. BTW I will be ending this book soon :( I'm ready to move on from it. I should be posting the next one in the next few days. Thanks for being patience guys. If you didn't know, yes I am in college and working full time that's why I've been gone for so long. Thanks for understanding! Love ya!