He's The Reason Why

Chapter 22

( I know kill me, it's been a month and there's no real excuse. I had to finish up with school and it was rough not only because of finals but because my friend who passed away back in October should've graduated this year. So I was a bit in my feelings and lost the need to write. But I'm back now. The song which is "Safe" by Britt Nicole is where I struck the idea to write this chapter. I don't own the song which by the way is amazing. Open up another tab or something to hear it okay and read the story. Next chapters for the other two stories will be up very soon. I love you all. <3 xx )

*~ Taylor's POV~*

I sat next to his bed. Phil's episode left him in a comatose state. He'd lost a lot of blood from his ordeal and had almost died. I was mad. Mad at him for doing it, mad at Jaime for getting into a fight with him, mad at myself for letting them fight.

I was mad at myself the most though, everything was finally perfect in my life and I couldn't open my eyes wide enough for me to realize that my other half was hurting. I'm so selfish, I know he deserves better than I could ever give him. But I love him so much and if I lose him, I won't survive.

I remember the day he asked me out, I'd liked him for a long time but I always thought he didn't feel the same. We'd never had really talked before, Jamie being our only thing in common. And when Jaime came out to me I though Phil was his boyfriend.

But when Mom died of cancer while in the 9th grade, Phil was there. I had cried for hours and all he did was hold me and rubbed my back. That very next week he had asked me straight up at lunch one day if I would be his girlfriend. I got so nervous I had gotten up and ran away.

I called Jaime, bawling my eyes out that I had ran away without saying yes. Jaime just laughed, called me a dumb ass, and told me to get back in there and say yes. Me and Phil have being going strong ever since. Well at least until now.

As I sit here now, I wished he would've said something to me, wished he'd told me he was struggling again. I blame myself the most though because I couldn't open my damn eyes.

"Phil...," I whispered feeling the tears fall again, "You have to wake up, because I can't live without you. You're all I have now."

And that saying was true, because my sister Beth was off to college in Boston, while I'm here in Minnesota by myself most the time. Dad's always on his business trips now that he's hardly ever home. I know it's because I remind him too much of Mom. God if only she was here now..., I wouldn't be such a mess. She'd know what to do.

I can't lose Phil, because he's all I have and will have for awhile. And I can't be alone. Never again.

"Phil please wake up."