He's The Reason Why

Chapter 14

We walked through the front doors of the school. I noticed Jack's Corvette in the parking lot. I parked on the opposite side of the lot, profusely apologizing for having to make Tay and Soph walk farther. They just shook the heads and said to not worry about it. They understood where I was coming from.

When we walked through the highschool entrance, me and Tay said or goodbyes to Sophie as she walked down to the freshman hallway of the highschool. When we turned around, Phil was stood at the entrance to our hallway. I gave him a small smile as Taylor ran up to him and gave him a kiss. He was a little taller than Jack, so he had to bow down for Taylor even when she stood on her tiptoes.

Here I was envying them again as I walked fast to catch. I put on a fake smile to hide what I was really feeling. Phil gave me a questioning look and I looked away. He already knew something was wrong but I wanted to avoid the subject as much as I could.

Phil was kind of like my big brother. He was always protective of me, ever since we were little. We had known each other way before Taylor knew either of us, yet I could say I was a little more closer with her than I was with Phil.

He had more or less been informed about what happened because he was at Taylor's when I arrived. When Taylor took to long to come back he got up to check on her only to find me broken down on the door step and her kneeling next to me.

Then it took all our might to force him back into the house when he heard about what happened. Hadn't we both been there he easily would've pushed one of us aside and gotten into his car to drive to Jack's.

When we reached where he stood, I couldn't bare to look at him. Phil had told me before that Jack was trouble. I should've listened. I could've sworn Phil would still be pissed at me. Taylor and I left after he had yelled at me and called me stupid. But then I felt a pair of arms pull me into a big ol' bear hug and I started crying again. I tried my best to muffle the cries into his chest and it didn't help that he said "Sorry" over and over again. Taylor joined our hug session and it was just something we all needed. One big group hug. We always hugged after we had a fight.

I couldn't have ask for better friends. Maybe today I could pull through. After our hug session we pulled apart, me wiping at my eyes. We all let out a small chuckle, I was such a cry baby. Me being the youngest out of our trio, I was always the one that cried and relied on people. And here I was, yet again, crying my eyes out and relying in everyone to make me feel better. We headed towards Taylor's and my locker. But I stopped short when I saw the tall figure standing next to mine. I immediately ducked down behind Phil. He looked at me questioningly and then looked up to see why I hid behind him.

I felt him tense up and I immediately grabbed his arm from behind as Taylor got in front of him. It took us a whole five minutes but he calmed down. I pulled away from them then and looked at them.

"Taylor, take Phil to his locker. I can handle it."

Phil stepped forward, "But Jaime, are you sure."

"Yeah Jaime. Are you sure you'll be okay," Taylor asked. I

I sighed and then gave them a small smile, "No I'm not okay, but I can't rely on you guys for everything. You gotta stop babying me," I said with a chuckle to try lightening up the situation. It didn't work but with a nod, Taylor dragged away a stubborn Phil and I turned around to face the situation awaiting for me at my locker. As I turned, we made eye contact. Oh God, give me strength. This was going to be difficult.