He's The Reason Why

Chapter 6

I stopped to look at myself in the mirror. I wasn't going to go downstairs in my pajamas when we had a guest. I slipped on a pair of jean shorts instead of my pajama bottoms and slipped on my glasses because I took my contacts out.

Once I thought I looked suitable I headed downstairs and to the kitchen where I could hear a conversation going. I heard my mom's voice and then a voice I didn't recognize at first, but I knew I've heard it before.

I pushed the door to the kitchen slightly open to peak through. I saw my mom standing on one side of the island and none other then Jack Frost next to her having a full on conversation. How in the hell did he find my house. My God I want to throat punch that kid.

I opened the door and step in, "Hi Jack. What are you doing here?"

My mom and Jack turned towards my direction. Mom and Jack both smiled at me. Great, what were the talking about? Me? I hope to God that my mom didn't say anything embarassing.

"Hi sweety," mom said. "Me and Jack were just talking about you. Nothing bad."

"Ugh, mom," I groaned.

"Well guys I'll leave you two alone but Jack not to late."

"Yes, Ms. Bennett," he said smiling.

"Dear, call me Laura," she said as she walked out of the room.

I walked over to the island and stood across from where he sat, the earlier events from today playing back in my mind.

"I didn't know you wore glasses or are those just those fake nerd glasses?"

I laughed a little, "Nope they're real. Can't see long distances without them or my contacts. I like them so don't make fun of them," I pointed a finger at him as he grinned at me. "So why are you here?"

"First off, you're rather blunt," he said with a laugh as I glared at him.

"Second of all, why'd you run off today?"

I sighed, looking down at the counter like it was the most amazing thing ever. "I just didn't want to be there because you said your girlfriend was coming over and it doesn't help the fact that I sort of have a crush on you an-" my hand immediately shot to my mouth and my eyes widen. What the hell did I just say?! Curse me for being so blunt.

I slowly look up at Jack who had an equal expression of shock on his face. "Um, I'm sorry. I should have never said that and I probably ruined everything. I'm gonna go to bed now so you should probably go home. Again sorry."

I turned to bolt through the kitchen door to my room. I felt tears brimming at my eyes, wanting to punch myself in the face because I'm the dumbest person in the world. I just about made it out the door when I felt a hand grab my wrist while another hand push the door close.

"Please let me out," I said weakly, feeling the tears fall as I unsucessfully tried tugging the door open. Just then Jack pushed me up against the door and the next thing I know, his lips were on mine. It was just a kiss on the lips, nothing else. It shocked me and before I could do anything Jack had pulled away from me, this time his face looked more disgusted then it did shocked.

"I can't believe I just did that..." he trailed off. "I need to leave." I looked as soon as he said that. Before I could say anything, he was out of the kitchen and out of the house once I heard the front door close. I slumped down onto the floor with my back against the door. I put my head in my hands. What hurt the most was not that I confessed to him and he didn't say anything, but the fact that after he kissed me he looked deeply disgusted with not only himself but with me to.

If anything, I'm sure I'd be the laughing stock of the school tomorrow. He was probably telling everbody right now that I had kissed him and had a weird obsession with him. That I was just some freak. It just made me hate myself more. Jack wasn't the only one who was disgusted with me, because I was disgusted with myself as well.

I got up from my spot and walked to my bedroom. I set glasses on my desk and wiped at my tears that still kept falling. I didn't bother switching back into pajamas as I shut my lamp off and crawled back into bed, eventually crying myself to sleep.