He's The Reason Why

Chapter 4

I was suprised. Jack didn't seemed to be a stuck up douchebag like everyone said. I had talked to him most of the hour. I didn't want to but he more or less forced me to sit at the easel next to him to paint. "Jamie, can you excuse me? I need to go clean my brush real quick," Jack asked standing up. "Sure," I shrugged, "Take your time." While he walked across the room to the sink on the other side, my iPhone shuffled to "Money Power Glory" by Lana Del Rey and I hadn't realized I started singing:

I want money, power, and glory,

I want money, and all your power, all your glory.

Hallelujah, I want to take you for all that you got,

Hallelujah, I'm gonna take them for all that they got.

Just as I sung that verse I stopped when I heard Jack walk up. "You're really good Jamie," Jack said with a smile. I blushed, having been told this many times I was use to it but not from the guy that I was crushing on. I shook my head, "Not really." "Oh don't lie, you're really good," Jack said smiling down up at me. I looked back at my painting but managed a small smile, "Thank you Jack. It's nice to know that someone other then my family and friends thinks so as well."

Jack faked a sad face, "I'm not your friend," pouting for effect afterwards.

I looked at him and laughed, "I'm your friend?"

"Why not, I mean you'll have to work your temper if you want to be best friends," he said jokingly.

"Ey, watch it Frost," I said pointing a finger at him before laughing at his reaction.

Just then the bell rang and everyone got up to put there stuff away. I finished cleaning, taking my time knowing that Soph was going to Emma's and I drove hear. I put the brushes away and headed for the door when I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Want to come over," Jack asked. "I can give you a ride home after?"

"Jack, I've barely known you for an hour and you're asking me to go to your house. For all I know, you could be a serial killer," I laughed again.

"Hey now, if I'm going to murder you I'll at least treat you to some food before I slice you up," he said laughing back.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah I'll come over. I just need to tell my mom. And I'm going to have to follow you over because I drove."

He chuckled, "Alright well I'll just come to your locker because I don't need anything." "Okay," I replied.

We walked to my locker where Taylor and Phil stood talking. Taylor closed her locker and turned to me and actually had a look of suprise on her face when I walked up with Jack.

She crossed her arms and stood in front of my locker with her arms crossed. "Details. Now Jaime," she said.

I laughed and pushed her aside, "Suprisingly, Frost over here isn't much of an jerk as everyone thought," I said pointing at him.

Jack mocked being hurt, "Jaime you're so mean." "Oh you're such a baby," I said as I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder. Jack stuck his tongue out at me as I stuffed a few things into it before closing my locker. I looked up Taylor as she looked back and forth between us.

"I'll call you later, kay" I asked her laughing again. She smiled, "Okay have fun, and if I don't get a call from you then you'll regret." I rolled my eyes and hugged her before leaving. "Sorry," I said to Jack, "she's a little blunt." Jack laughed, "Don't worry about it. Me and Taylor go back since first grade."

I smiled up at him, "Same here." Jack looked at me questioningly. "I went here in first grade then transferred to Redlin when we moved there. Came back because my mom's opening up her bigger stores here in town and it'd be easier to manage them here."

Jack looked at me, "Mr. Lyfas' class?" "Yep, that was my teacher," I said with a smile. "Oh wait, I remember you. I fell down the slide and scraped my knees." He looked over with a smile, "I remember that. I had to take you to the nur..." He trailed off. We stopped walking and looked at each other, "Wow, small world," we said at the time.

I let out a laugh and he laughed as well as we continued to walk to the parking lot. Maybe Jack wasn't that bad of a person after all.