He's The Reason Why

Chapter 3

I was so glad that my morning classes went by. Math was so awkward and so were my other three morning classes because Jack was in them as well. I walked into each class and he'd either be there before me or come in a minute after I did. And he either managed to watch me or stare me down in each class. I wanted to cave into myself and dissapear so that he couldn't see me. I knew if I was alone with him I'd probably get my ass kicked. But I couldn't help that I got my short temper from my mother and that she always came out when I was mad.

Taylor and I walked to the cafeteria to get lunch now that our morning classes were through. Taylor got her food and I just grabbed a salad. We walked over and sat down by Taylor's boyfriend Phil. Soph and her friend Emma joined us a minute later. I had grown up with Taylor and Phil and when Phil told me he had feelings for Taylor I told him to go ask her out. They supported me being gay so I was going to support them in this realtionship 100% no matter what happened. And Soph and Emma had grown up together. Emma was just like another sister to me and I was glad that even though I was sort of new here I still had people I could call my friends.

After we finished our lunches and chatted a bit more the bell rang for afternoon classes. I had all but one afternoon class with Taylor and Phil managed to get into the same electives with us but chose Study Hall with Taylor. The first three afternoon classes went by fast and I was glad because I wanted to go to art. It was probably going to be my favorite class. I realized though that Jack wasn't in any of my afternoon classes. Hopefully he wouldn't be in art either.

"So you remember where the art class is right," Taylor asked me as I put my books into my locker. "Yeah it's down by the seniors lockers right," I asked turning to her. "Yep, it'll be on the left," as Phil walked up to her and I waved at him. He waved back as Taylor said, "Well we're going to Study Hall and you have a long walk." I rolled my eyes as she laughed, hugging her before she left.

I grabbed my headphones and made sure my iPhone was in my pocket. I heard that the art teacher lets you listen to music while in class and I wasn't going to pass that up. I closed my locker and headed down to the senior section of the highschool. I walked down the hallway and noticed the room right away. Thank God the teacher was outside the door or I would've missed it.

I walked up to the teacher as she held her hand out. "Hello there, I'm Ms. Nolan," she said as I shook her hand. "Hi, Jaime Bennett," I replied with a smile. She smiled back as she said, "Nice to meet you Jaime. Grab some paint, a brush, and a canvas from the supply table and paint me something. I want to get a sense on your guy's painting styles." I gave her a nod and a smile as I headed into the classroom. I stopped to look around the room and I immediately regretted it when I my eyes rested on a tall, white-blonde, teenage boy sitting down with a headphone in painting. Oh God, why did he have to be in here?!

I looked down as I walked to the supply table. Maybe he wouldn't notice me. I shouldn't have done that because as I reached the table, he got up at the same time and I crashed into him. The crash barely affected him because it was like a little bug getting hit by a car.

I fell backwards expecting to hit the ground when an arm caught me. I opened my eyes a few seconds later to look up at a pair of ice blue eyes looking down into mine. Jack helped me up, "Well that could've been bad," he said with a chuckle. I felt a blush creep on my face as I looked up at him. "Listen I'm really sorry about that.... and about early today. I-I d--didn't mean to snap at you," I stuttered.

He let out a laugh, "Really, it's fine. I was probably being annoying anyways. Jack Frost," he said holding out his hand. I shook it lightly, "Jaime Bennett, nice to meet you." "You too," he replied with a grin. God this wasn't going to be a long day, it was going to be a long year.