Chapter 16: Good luck

Will's POV

I walked into the cabin and was instantly questioned. "Will, what the hell happened to you?" Kayla asked me.

"I got pranked by the Stolls." I told her. "They hung me, Percy, and Annabeth by our ankles. Sprayed us with shaving cream and silly string. I need to shower, pack my stuff, and take a nap."

"Wait... where are you going?" She asked me. "I got sent on a quest to rescue people." I told her. "What! That is amazing! Can I come with you?" She asked me. "Probs not. Chrion already told Annabeth and Percy no because of the demigod sent would be too strong." I told her. "Ok. Well go get cleaned up while I get some stuff from the infirmary for you to bring." Kayla said. "Thanks." Then I went to take a shower.

I feel better now that I had some time to process. Okay, not a whole lot better. I am nervous about going to save Nico because well... I find him hot and I have a crush on him. This was not on my to-do list with things to do with Nico. I got out of the shower and saw that Kayla had packed everything I needed. Thank the gods that she did it. I'm a terrible packer, I attend to forget stuff that I need.

I heard the horn blow for dinner. I went and left the cabin to go to the dining pavilion for dinner. I grabbed my stuff so I wouldn't have to come back and grab it. I got my food and went to sit next to Kayla and Austin at the Apollo table. "Hey, how ya feeling?" Kayla asked me.

"Nervous." I admit.

"Nervous bout what?" Austin asks. 

"I have to go on a quest to save people." I told him.

"Who are you saving?" He asked me.

"Maisie, Oliver, some girl named Violet, and Nico."

"Well good luck. When are you leaving?"

"I'm leaving after dinner. I am shadow traveling with Mrs.O'Leary."

"Attention campers!" Chrion had tried to get our attention. But like usual non of us listened. I totally listened. Yea, totally. Spoiler:  I did not listen. Mr.D then stood up "Ahem!" Mr.D cleared his throat. We all then shut up so we won't be turned into grape vines.

"Thank you. So some of you may heard but if not, a new major prophecy has been issued. Will can please restate the lines of the prophecy." Chrion said. Greatttt... now I have to speak in front of the whole camp.  

"A half and half demigod

Shall save the books

Demeter's daughter takes responsibility

A dark blade shall end and start a new

The sun must burn even in the darkest moments

A Hermes' son shall pay"  I recited the prophecy.

"Thank you Will," Chrion said, "We have already issued a small quest. There will be a new demigod arriving here soon. We will deal with the prophecy when they get here. No need to worry it is all under control people." 

We finished dinner then it was time for me to leave. "Good luck Will." Annabeth and Kayla told me. "No need to worry about it. All that you have to do is bring them back." Austin said.

I hopped on the back of Mrs.O'Leary the hellhound. "Will are you ready?" Percy asked me. "Yep." I said. He then whispered something in her ear. Then I went into the shadows.

This feeling was not pleasant. I was cold, dizzy, and nauseous. It was over in about 10 seconds. I then appeared in the front yard of a house. There was someone sitting in the lawn picking at the grass. It was Nico.

Like the smooth person I am, I threw up in the grass. "WILL!" Nico shouted. He ran over to me and to help me up. "Are you okay?" He asked me. "Mhhhh.." All that was I could get out. Nico started going through my bag. "Here drink some of this." Nico told me. I realized that it was nectar.

"Is it normal to feel like this after shadow traveling?" I asked him.

"Yea. For 1st timers it is. Just sit here for a moment and then we can go inside." Nico said.

"Okay." I said. Then I remember falling into Nico's lap.

"Will! Wake up!" I heard a voice. Nico's.

"Ugh. What happened?" I said. My voice was hoarse.

"Shit Will. Don't scare me like that." Nico said then whacked me on the side of my head. "You passed out. Come on lets go inside."

Nico helped me inside into the house. I still felt a little dizzy but no longer nauseous. A girl was sitting on the couch watching TV. "Violet this is Will Solace." Nico said. I soon realized that I was still leaning on Nico. I pushed off of him knowing that my cheeks are probably pink.