13 • Birthday

Greyson
I stared at her as she explained me how hot Damon Salvatore, Zade Meadows, Don Massimo Torricelli, Christian Allister and Peter Kavinsky are by the beach.

"Ouch" I uttered while overacting a little to get her attention more than what I felt as I almost chewed my fingers because ofc my focus was towards her.

"What happened?" She asked being concerned as she kept my hand on her's and looked at my hands carefully.

"Nothing, I almost chewed my fingers" I informed.

"This is why I was making you eat by my hands" She scolded.

"I would have chewed yours too" I provoked.

"Shut up, Grey" she moved her head up and pushed her clear framed glasses back with her with her middle finger highlighting it which almost killed me.

"You are acting like my mother, my mother calls me Grey" I said while resembling her with mom.

"Is this how your mother acts?"she questioned.

"Acted" I exhaled gently.

"What?" She asked because ofc it was not audible to her.

"I said yes" I fabricated without remorse.

"I want to meet her" she said while rubbing my hands soothingly.

"Ok, I will make you" I ensured.

Little does she know the reason I 'was' a monster which I am still but not infront of her.

"Will your father be their too?" She questioned while still rubbing my hands.

"He died" I said and she stopped rubbing for a while.

"So did my father" I Know! She said while resting her head on my shoulder and starting to rub my right hand gently.

"I was sixteen when he was murdered, so I got his business at a very young age but I did not wanted to pursue with that so, I did it as a part time job and took computer science as my goal. I still remember the swollen and redness in her eyes, tear tracks, the way her face appeared puffy and swollen out of crying." I said while rubbing her hairs which a part of me (The old Greyson) wanted to make a tight grip of it and hurt her but now, the things have altered. Now, I would not leave that person alive who did so.

I know I shouldn't tell her all these but an aspect of myself wants to share my every secret with her.

"I remember my mother's face too when- when my father died out of a Cardiovascular Disease" she yawned.

"He suffered it because of depression-- because of his fri--"she yawned again.

"Because" I inquired eagerly.

"Becausee--" she adjusted to rest his head, hands on my chest and slept in my embrace.

Even though I wanted to know what she was about to say I got distracted by her sleeping face, in which she looks the most endearing.

××××××

Sierra
Dear FutureSi,
Uncle William's death lead a great impact on dadda. It was the first time he had ever been in depression. It was the first time he had been sad infront of me otherwise even if anything bothered him, he never showed it, not specially in front of me. Depression weighed on him so well that it was highly reflected and I hated to see my father that way.

I closed the document loaded with distressing reminiscences and remembered that It was 12:00 am already which means seventeenth of March which also means My birthday, I was just finished with my exams and I couldn't wait to see Greyson and Jules.