Chapter 5: Tragedy

After an hour of walking i see Sidney's house ahead of me, i frown as i see a man wearing a jacket with red splashes on it walking around the house and onto the street before crossing the road and out of sight.

I look back up at the house confused and see Sidney gaping with wide eyes where the man had just disappeared.

And then she turned around.

I shake my head and pass in front of her house before i hear an ear piercing scream from inside.

I tense up and snap my head towards the house before barging inside and up the stairs to where i saw Sidney.

I see a door open ahead of me and a trail of red droplets.

I slowly walked forward and then paused seeing Sidney backing out of the room, her hands covered in something red and her face and hair being held by her hands.

"S-Sid?" I speak up, her head snaps to me before she collapses to the ground.

"V-Vina. D-don't l-look" she begs through sobs.

I kneel next to her and pull her close to me, then when she is buried in my chest i look up at what made her like this.

In her mothers room.

Red, so much red.

The smell was horrible, metallic and it smelt like a clogged toilet.

"Sid, Sweetie" she looks up at me.

"Ring the police" i say, helping her up and nudging her towards the stairs "go quick" i encourage.

After she wobbles out of sight i face back to that room.

I hesitantly walk forward, pushing the door open wider.

I gasp and cover my mouth, there on the bed was Sidney's mother, or what was left of her. On the bed scattered around her was her Insides, her intestines were open and thats why it smelled the way it did.

The red was blood.

Who would do such a thing?

I look down at my shoes before looking up again, the woman was only wearing a robe.

I look at the bed Sheets, they were messy, as though someone had just had sex.

I look around more before backing out and walking downstairs.

Well there goes my appetite.

I had seen a lot in my life but never someone organs ripped out of their body and put on display, that was a new sight.

I look around the downstairs, no sign of a break in. She knew this person, she let them in, she must have.

I see Sidney passed out with the phone still next to her, i hear a voice trying to talk to Sidney.

I pick it up "ma'am, ma'am are you there?".

I sigh before answering "hello, the girl you spoke to has fainted, did she tell you the address?" I ask.

"Yes, there are units on the way, are either of you injured?" I roll my eyes before checking the sleeping girl over.

"Only mentally, Sidneys mother is dead" i state, i hear the woman gasp.

"Maureen Prescott?" I glance towards the open door, feeling like i was being watched.

"Yes, her daughter found her and is very much traumatised" i sigh.

"We will send an ambulance also, just in case" i roll my eyes but agree before hanging up.

I hear Sidney stir and i wrap my arm around her.