Chapter 6: Road to Healing

Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep

I groan and coughed just after, my throat felt like sandpaper.

What was that annoying beeping sound?

I try to open my eyes but after opening them up i immediately close them again.

It was too bright.

I try again but slower and am not blinded this time.

I saw a machine next to me that was beeping, a line was going up making a mountain shape every time.

My heartbeat monitor.

I was also attacjed to an IV.

I look around the sterile white room and notice i'm in a hospital bed and completely alone.

I was confused, where was my aunt?

Why was i even here?

Did my parents hurt me again?

I see a bottle of water on the side table and grab it, sipping slowly.

I felt weak, i looked down at the hospital gown and trailed my hand over my ribs, they were poking out. How long was i asleep for?

I was now scared as i looked around the room.

I finish the bottle and put it on the side table before pulling the needle to the IV out and unplugging the heart monitor to remove it from myself.

I swung my legs over the edge and noticed I was quite a bit thinner.

I open a drawer next to the bed, seeing some folded clothes and a protein bar.

I eat it before slipping the underwear on and the jeans over the top.

I pulled on the grey t-shirt and jacket that were both not mine.

I rub my temples, just sitting on the edge of the bed.

I remember meeting the group, the party, Sid's mom..

Lyna.

Lyna killed her half sister and my aunt.

I tear up but i don't let them fall.

I notice a clipboard across the room and lean on the side table to test my legs.

They wobble but i manage to guide myself over to the thin Plastic with my medical notes on it.

I read over it.

Vivina Morte.
Age: 16
Injuries: 2 gunshots, 1 pierced a lung.
Unconscious for 2 weeks, Comatose.
Family: N/A.
Emergency Contact: N/A.

Shit.

I put the clipboard down and walk to the door before opening it.

I was hoping it was all just a dream and i had just hit my head, causing me to sleep.

I look down the hallway to see no one, i frown.

I see a sign saying Reception and walk down that way, holding onto the wall.

I look to see an older nurse at the reception and i approach.

"Oh, my, are you here to visit a patient?" She asks before looking up "are you okay?!" She stands up and rushes to my side.

"I just woke up over there" i point to the room and i see her eyes widen "no one was around so i came here" i admit.

"You're that poor girl who was with Sidney when she found her mum before being attacked?" I nod.