Chapter 8: Back to School

Beep
Beep
Beep

I slam my hand on my alarm before getting up, peeling my warm covers off me, it was the 28th of October today, the stupid Halloween party was on Thursday.

I go to my bathroom and shower, taking my time and doing all my bathroom duties.

I emerge 35 minutes later and walk to my closet.

I had changed my style a lot, i didn't want to wear the 'innocent' look anymore.

I chose a short black skirt, boots and a burnt orange top(pic).

I get ready and walk downstairs, grabbing my purse and keys, my purse was big enough to hold homework in.

I look in the downstairs mirror before deciding to put my hair up into a messy bun.

I had mascara and my eyeliner on the waterline and chapstick on my lips to try and make them softer.

I take a deep breath before walking outside and driving to Randy's, i would be driving him today and he would drive me tomorrow.

I wonder what he would think of my new look, I chewed my bottom lip anxiously as i pull up outside his house.

I check the time and wait.

After 10 minutes he leaves the house, pulling his jacket on before jogging over to my jeep, he steps up to my door, making me frown before opening it.

"Randy, what are you-" he holds up a wrapped up gift and kisses my cheek before placing it on my lap, closing the door and running to my passenger door, climbing in.

"Open it in front of the fountain" he says and i frown deeper.

That was our groups hangout spot.

"Randy-"

"Please!" He begs.

I give in and nod but hand the parcel to him to keep safe.

We soon pull up into the schools car park with 20 minutes to spare.

We both climb out and he offers his arm and the presents and i take both,i notice him staring at me but ignore it.

He leans into my ear whispering "you look hot" I blush and i notice his ears are red too.

"Thanks" i whisper back.

He beams at me before dragging me to the fountain where Sidney and Tatum already are.

I sit in front of Randy and unwrap the present impatiently.

I laugh as i see what it is.

I look back at him with a knowing grin and he grins back at me with the same look.

"Hey babe" i hear from our right, we all look up.

Stu and Billy were approaching the group.

"So Vina, 3 months from now, will you date me?" Randy whispers in my ear.

4 months of mourning.

"Yes" i reply louder and twirl the glass rose in my fingers.

I feel his arms rest on my waist once more.

"Hey Meeks, you got any new horror movies?" Stu asks before sitting next to us and Billy on his other side.

Tatum looked mad i mused.

I stand up before leaning closer to Randy and kissing his forehead "see you later Prince" he blushes as i walk closer to the school, spotting Casey and choosing to sit with her and her group of 6.

"Hey Case" I spoke up and her eyes widened.

"Vina!" She says standing up and hugging me.

I hug her back and she leads me to her group, introducing them all.

"You know Steve" i nod and he nods back "but this is Shirley, Agatha and Will" i wave at each until my eyes land on the last guy, he wouldn't meet my eyes and was fidgeting with his nails.

"Well nice to meet you all" i directly look at Will and he nods in response, still not looking up.

"Vina, sit! Sit! We need to catch up!" I oblige and sit down, she drones on about all the school drama i missed including Sidney being bullied by head in toilet.

I tried my best but couldn't help the smile that crept on my face.

She said no one knew who the person was but by the look on Shirley's and Agatha's face it was them.

I said nothing of my discovery, to be honest i couldn't care less about the drama.

I start to unconsciously twirl my hair in my right hand before i felt a hand grab my wrist and pull it down.

I look at the hands owner to see Will smiling at me and patting my hand.

It was the first time he looked at me and his eyes reminded me of Billy's dark and mysterious.

I glance out the corner of my eye towards the fountain to see two pairs of eyes glaring at the group.

I ignore it and instead pick out my cell phone from my bag to check the time.

I excuse myself and walk towards the entrance, i hear light footsteps following me and slow down so Will could walk next to me "thanks Vivina" he smiles and looks up at me under his lashes.

He had lushously long lashes.

I look away again, noticing myself staring.

All the men seem to be so attractive.

"Call me Vina, Will, i'm guessing your full name is William?" He flinches and i sigh "sorry".

"It's okay, i just have bad memories from it, Will Graham is my whole name" he smiles again at me.

"Vivina Morte" i laugh and he frowns.

"Thats some twisted sense of humour your parents had" he mutters almost inaudible.

"Yeah they did" i walk to my locker and shove my bag inside, only grabbing a text book, and a pen.

I see him walk a little further down and open his.

Is he new?

I dont recall seeing him near my locker before.

"Forgive me, Will. Are you new to Woodsboro?" I ask him walking to his side.

"Yes, w-I moved here a few days ago, its my second day of school" i nod and we walk the rest of the way to his class in silence.

Surprisingly he walks to the same class as where mine is "you have English first?".

He chuckles and nods, before walking in and sitting next to my  window seat, where Billy usually sat.

I check the seating chart and realise they had moved my seat to the other side away from the window.

I swear before sitting down next to Will "so thats why it was empty, the seat is yours" i smile and nod.

"I used to sit in the desk by the window" i mutter sadly.

After a few minutes of waiting the other students filter in, some give me surprised loos, some gave me ones full of pity and other gave me suspicious looks.

I watch the door to see who the last three seats belonged to.

And then came Billy, Stu and Randy all chatting about the newest Nightmare on Elm Street movie.

I roll my eyes and rest my head on the table. This was going to be a long year.

[NOT EDITED]
1175 Words.
Remember to vote and comment if there is something amiss! Thanks cuties!