Chapter 17: Drama

Ring
Ring
Ring

"Yo, Macher's residence" Stu answers the phone as we all watch him for his reactions "yes, she is fine, she is safe" he looks over at me as i raise an eyebrow, it was probably the Sheriff or Deputy Dewey "she won't get hurt with me here" he sighs. This is the 6th time they have called in 10 days, since the break in.

It was getting tedious to say the least, I held my hand out for the phone "she will talk to you".

"Hello, i am completely fine" i roll my eyes as Stu plays with my hair.

"We just wanted to make sure Miss Morte" Sheriff Burke.

"I am, there is no need for this many calls Sheriff, i am completely safe here and at school" i explain, i wanted them to leave me alone.

"I understand, but-" i cut him off.

"There have been no incidents since then, for all i know the killer entered the wrong home, i have received no phone calls, no threats and there have been no sightings of them. So please for the love of god stop calling about me. If i am in danger we will call you" I hung up the phone, glancing at a smirking Stu who was twirling my hair in his fingers.

"Don't you two have some harassment to do later?" I asked him and he quirks an eyebrow in amusement, they had told me their plan a few days ago. They had even tried to give me a part, but I declined.

I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders, it was Hannibal, he wasn't as affectionate as the others, but still liked contact, the odd pat on my hand or squeeze of my shoulders made him happy.

We had a weird relationship since i had found out about their obsession.

We were not partners exactly, but we weren't friends either. We were in between.

Hannibal was 3 years older than me, Billy and Stu, Will was 18, he was 6 months older.

I was the youngest out of everyone.

I feel Hannibal rest his head on mine, taking a deep breath.

"You okay Hannibal?" I ask him curiously.

He hums and i feel him relax slightly.

Hannibal and Will had a very good sense of smell.

They dissected my scent and explained it to me.

Peony, honey and Lilly.

I found it strange at first but after finding out about Hannibal's diet, i understood completely.

Hannibal was a cannibal.

That rhymes.

At first i was disgusted, but then i accepted it, he only kills the rude after all, much like i only kill those that annoy me.

As long as i didn't eat it, i was good.

He releases my shoulders and walks to the kitchen.

He was wearing a suit today, and boy did he look good in one.

I shake my head of the thought and look down, hiding my pink cheeks.

I hear Stu chuckle and i look at him, Billy was behind him, having wrapped his arms around his chest in a hug.

That's cute.

I smile at the sight.

"Isn't it time for you four to leave?" Hannibal asks, looking at his watch.

I glance at the time and sigh.

Time for school.

"I'll drive you guys" i say, grabbing my keys and waiting at the door for them all.