Chapter 12: The Movies

I woke up at about 9am and immediately got ready to drive to my home, i wrote them a note since they were all still sleeping in.

I climb in my car after placing the note on the counter and drive home.

I shower, get dressed in a pair of grey linen trousers and a white blouse top before grabbing a grey long cardigan to keep warm as the days were growing colder.

I also put some mascara and line my waterline before applying Chapstick and styling my hair in a half updo style.

I walk back downstairs and turn on my TV while i wait for the honk of the car's horn to sound so I can get taken to our destination.

After waiting for a little while i decided to call Billy, knowing he and Stu both had cell phones that Stu's mother had gotten them.

We're sorry but the number you are trying to reach is currently unavailable, please try again later or leave a message after the tone-

I hang up before it beeped.

I wonder who he was busy calling, probably Sid.

I ring Stu next just to make sure nothing bad had happened.

Ring
Ring
Ring
Ring
Ring

We're sorry but the person you are calling is currently unavailable, please try again late or leave a message after-

I hang up again and glare at the phone, ones phone was busy and the other person wasnt picking up?

I checked the time again, i wasn't the last person they were meant to pick up either, they had ten minutes until the boys, me and Sidney were suposed to meet up with the others.

I look out my window curiously before my house phone rang, making me jump.

I sigh before walking over to it and lifting it to my ear "Hello?" I ask hesitantly, if it was anyone i knew they would ring my cell phone.

"Hello, who is this?" A deep and scratchy voice asks, it was very attractive but at the same time didn't sound human.

"Who are you trying to reach Signore?" I retaliate.

What a suspicious person.

"I dunno sweetheart" he replies and i frown deeper.

"You do not know who you are trying to ring, a family member perhaps or a close friend?" I sigh while twirling the cord between my fingers.

"You have a nice accent there, where is it from?" He asked and I paused, i didn't know this person at all, yet he was questioning me.

"Sorry Signore but if you wish to speak to someone please call another phone number, i believe they have thousands in the yellow book, i must be somewhere soon so i could not talk for long with you, unless you would like to call me again in about four hours" perhaps they were just lonely and wanted or needed to talk with someone.

"None would be as sweet as you, where ya going cutie?" It sounded robotic, i finalised with the voice.

"To the movies to watch a scary movie, are you using a voice changer?" I ask with a small smile "you would sound better without it" i state.

"Yes doll, would hate for our little game to end early, talk soon" he hangs up and I hold the receiver in confusion.

What game?

I hear a car pull up and then it honk twice, i look at the time, they were late.

They were never late.

I walked out of the house, locking it up before rushing to their car, I watched them closely as I approached, Stu looked nervous while gripping the steering wheel tightly and had a sheen of sweat on his face, as though he had been running. Billy was tapping his fingers against the door handle, his other hand next to his jacket pocket.