Dedication & Acknowledgements

Dedication

    For my mom.

    Thanks for always encouraging my dreams. Words cannot express how much I miss you.

    I love you so much.

   Peggy Jackson

   1949 – 2007

    For Mike.

    I was glad to know your amazing spirit for that short while.  You left far too soon.

   Michael Dunham

   1970-1989

Acknowledgments

    I often look around myself, and life, for inspiration for what I write, and this story was no different. I've been a big fan of football for many years, watching my brother, Glen, play and make 1st Team All State as well as win the Arizona state playoff. After that, I was hooked for life.

    I was watching a playoff game when I first came up with the idea for this story. It sat in the back of my mind for about two years until I happened upon a game with a new quarterback whose name was Chase Walden. I instantly fell in love with the way he played football in his "all-out-no-holds-barred" kind of style. When I finally met him off the field, I discovered he was a great kid, full of this natural swagger which rolled easily off him. I knew I found my muse for this story. Thankfully, Chase was intrigued with the idea as well, and agreed to let me use his name and likeness to build my fictional character. He helped me out with some of the current teen lingo, music for my playlist, and allowed me to pick his brain a bit when I needed. So thank you, Chase, for the help and inspiration you gave. It meant so much.

    Life has also blessed me with many more amazing people, and bits and pieces of how they've touched me are blended into this tale too, helping to make up the story that revolves around Chase. I thank them for the lessons and memories they've left me with, namely my mom, Peggy, and my dear friend, Mike. What a gift it was to know you both.

    And, of course, a special thank you to my business partners of Moonstruck Media, Bels and Kam, who work so hard to make sure everything always turns out right.

    I love you all!