Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven 

    I finished brushing my teeth in the bathroom Nikki obviously shared with Clara and Timmy. At least I assumed that was the case, judging from the bucket of rubber ducks sitting near the tub. She didn't seem to be the type who would be playing with bath toys, but I had to admit that particular mental image brought a smile to my face.

    "What are you grinning about?" Nikki's voice caught me off guard, and I glanced at her in the mirror before bending to rinse.

    "Nothing you want to hear," I replied, watching as she started brushing. Even mundane tasks like this were a pleasure to participate in with her.

    "You're still grinning," she spoke over a mouthful of toothpaste.

    "You're fun to watch." I shrugged, folding my arms as I leaned against the wall. "Actually you caught me wondering if all these rubber ducks belong to you."

    She chuckled and rinsed. "Yeah. It's a crazy fetish I have."

    "Seriously?" I asked, unable to tell if she was teasing, and I was rewarded with an eye roll.

    "They're Timmy's. He's the one with a serious duck obsession."

    "Ah, good. I was starting to question your taste."

    "I taste just fine." She grabbed my shirt and pulled me to her, kissing me on the lips, allowing her fresh, minty flavor to mingle with my own.

    "Mmm. You do taste good," I added when she moved away.

    I followed her across the hall into her room. The bedding had been turned down during my short absence from the space and the pillows fluffed.

    "I hope you'll be comfortable in here. Is there anything you need? I've never had a boy spend the night before." She blushed.

    "Well, I've never stayed in such a purely feminine bedroom before either, but I think I'm manly enough to pull it off." I yanked my shirt off and flopped onto her mattress, placing my arms behind my head. "What do you think?"

    She swallowed thickly as she stared down my body before quickly returning her gaze to mine. "I think you're in no danger of having your manliness questioned."

    It was wrong how much this girl could set me on fire. I got up and stalked toward her, grabbing her around the waist and hauling her next to me. 

    Her fingertips voluntarily slid up over my chest and wrapped around my neck.

    "It's a pity you can't stay in here with me," I said, pushing a few strands of hair away from her features. I kissed her sweet tasting mouth one more time before taking her by the shoulders and pointing her in the direction of the door. "Now get out of here before your mom chases me off with a shotgun."

    She laughed. "My mom doesn't own a shotgun."

    "Oh, I'm sure she could find something suitable, if the situation warranted it."

    Nikki cast a soft smile, her eyes trailing over my half-dressed form. "Then I guess I shouldn't tell you how good all those muscles look with your shirt off, should I?"

    I shook my head. "No, you shouldn't. That could turn out really bad."

    "Goodnight, Chase."

    "Pleasant dreams, Nikki," I replied as she closed the door. I stood there for a full minute, staring at it and wished I could go after her. I needed find a way to control these raging hormones of mine when I was around her.