The rain continues

Another day and nothing eventful but the rain. This should hold up those demon slayers but at last, even the rain must come to end. She would leave, the festival would be hold but if the rain continues, the festival won't happen. She mulls over how soak everything is outside, the raging rivers and wash away banks.

Homes and lives lost to this rain, only fools would dear travel in this weather. The rain is so dense you; it brings down visibility to the point you can barely recognize anything in front of you. Well easy meal for demons but then again, some demon falls victims to mother nature after all, she never needed us from the beginning.

She would leave, tomorrow morning, finding that demon is more important, but no information can be passed on in this weather. Today would be the last day, she sat by the window as cold air seep into her room. She stretches her hand out, rain dampening her skin. She wiggled her fingers in the rain, finding some childish joy in this before retracting her to safety.

Nothing important so she would sleep but something was up in the air, and it wasn't the rain. The feeling crawl under skin causing her to slightly lose composure but the feeling worsens, her stomach felt like it was twirling and then a sudden urge to look out the window and she found the source of her problem.

In the pouring rain came damp riders and based on their uniform, demon slayers. No little amount either, an army really. Oh, the feeling was gone but she didn't think they would take the risk, but she knew that some had to fallen, men or horse since some horse had no rider or vice versa. Her heart sank and one thing cross her mind, she was not staying her a day longer, they were already here.

Leaving now would make her suspicious, now that sun was getting extremely low. She doubts they would actually hunt in this weather, not soaked to bone they are plus some had to be sick, she hopes. Packing her stuff for tomorrow, tomorrow morning she will leave but for now, sleeping should be enough. Getting to her futon, she closed her eyes and mentally prepare for tomorrow morning.

In the morning Nezuko left, even though the owner tried to make her stay due to the rain, she made up a sad, heart-breaking story that left the man in pity. He offers his condolences to a person who didn't exit and allowed her to leave. The wagasa kept the rain from soaking the woman who disappeared among the rain drops.

Someone watches her go, watching her figure disappear into the pouring rain, with a hand motion, someone else move from behind the person and jumps through the window. Wearing a kasa, he follows the woman, and they too disappear into the rain.

Nezuko under the cover of rain quicken her steps, the feeling of being followed made her shiver but they were a fork ahead in the road, she could lose them easily there. Nezuko found this rain quite the double edge, it works against your enemies, but it also works against you. In a rush to lose her unwanted follower, she walks faster until she came upon the fork on the road and decide to leave footsteps on the left path which led to a river nearby before jumping on a tree and travel on the right path.

Ans she just that, the rain would disfigure her footsteps, but it would leave a trace and Nezuko walk towards the river. She jumps to a tree from an angle so the footsteps would point to the river. The bark of the tree was hard to grab on to thanks to constant downpour of rain, but she manages. And then leap away, from tree branches to tree branches, leaving the path behind and into the woods.

Finally free from humans, she shifts forms. Her demon form in all her glory but she wonders now, with all this rain. Would she able to burn her enemies to nothing but ashes and cinder. To become nothing but a memory. A wicked smile spread across her face; she just simply needs to find out. Now who's going to be her test subject this them?