In the Pouring Rain

So, we are 22 chapters in, and I want to know you guys' feedback. Are all events flowing together? Connecting together like puzzle pieces and finally the big question romance.

I don't know about romance since I purely want this to be about Nezuko more feral and evil form since we only got a little on season 2.

If you guys really want romance or not. Vote it out and when chapter 30 drops. That will be when I announced if we going to have romance or not.

Maria and Hans walk out the restaurant. Maria scans the crowd as she opens her wagasa for her and Hans. The rain had let up at little, but ground was already wet with water that tries to ruin your shoes and socks with every step. Maria and Hans made small conversation as they idly travel around the town. Jumping from topic to topic until they stop.

The muddy road lead them out of town and down a path to the unknown. "I don't know if that beautiful scenery I wanted will survive all this rain." Hans said staring at the muddy path as a slight rumble from a faraway thunder add to background of rain.

Hans stick his hand out to feel the cool droplets of rain on his skin. "Sorry for my older brother, the man at restaurant earlier" Hans retract his hands, watching the droplets of water roll down his hand where they eventually reunite with the others on the muddy path.

Maria just looks at Hans. "Family issues, been there." Maria said to no one in particular. "Since you can't have your scenery are you ready or is there something else would like to experience before turning your backs against the demon slayer corps?"

Hans said nothing and Maria allow him to dive and organize his thoughts. He was betraying the corps, and this would lead to his master killing himself. Maria looks Hans over for any sign she could read.

From how readily he accepts Miss Nezuko kindness, lead Maria to believe that what he lacks in his life. Pure genuine kindness without the fear of that people is trying to use or make fun of you.

Maria deduces that Hans may have live in his older brother shadow. Gaining all the attention and affection while Hans was left behind with not even scraps.

Hans didn't even bother to give Maria his older name. Maria pity him to be born into some else shadow and force to leave in it.

But when Hans become a demon. He will be free from his brother shadow and find himself a darkness where he could find himself. Maria was lost in her thoughts as she imagines Hands free from the shackles that chain him since birth that she didn't notice Hans moving from the shelter of the wasaga and into the rain.

Hans allow the rain to drench him. He wishes the rain could wash away him complete. His thoughts, his sins and blessings, his memories or anything that was reminder about who he is.

The sound of rain fills his ears as the coolness of droplets of water turn to coldness as they absorb his body heat. He enjoyed the rain falling onto his skin, his face, his hair but his enjoyment is cut short when a wasaga shelter him from the rain.

"Han's you idiot! You're a human still, a little cold and you could drop dead the next day. Come on let's get go back before you actually get sick and die on us."

Before Hans could utter a word, he was thrown over Maria shoulders and the world around him blurred, merging into a canvas of colors spilling into each other. He shut his eyes as he allows himself to be carried around like a sack of potatoes.

The dampness and chill in the air as the wind violently play with his hair as a simple hand keep him from colliding into the soaked ground beneath him.

Soon everything came to sudden halt and left himself being place down on his feet. Opening his eyes, he found himself an estate.

"I found this while hunting down some miserable demon slayers. It was old and abandoned so I took for myself after killing some lowly demon. It's good as I could make it." Maria explains as she walks up the stone's steps leaving Hans to follow behind.