Wipe Out

Nezuko had made her ways to mountain but finds it odd about the lack of demons and she was soon to known why they disappear.

Nezuko left the swampy area behind and leaps up and starts her journey upwards. Her nose picks up something, ashes and tons of it. What idiot is out here, burning so much to cause all these ashes. She looks up to see them fall from a higher point on the mountain. 

She leaps up and using what available around her to climb up faster, to her horror. Demon bodies, no small amount was left to turn to ashes. Their heads gone but their bodies left to wither away. Who could have done this.

Ashes, the smell of ashes lead somewhere else and Nezuko followed. The amount on the ground was a concerning amount behead but just recently. The amount in the air, could have been higher. Ideas run through her mind. Was it the pillars? No mostly not but who knows. Mabe those demon slayers from the north but it takes them 5 days to get here. 

Who are they then? Rebellious demons? There is a possibility since we discover a spy who we have yet to find due to things going too fast. The smell of ashes grows and Nezuko stop in pure horror at what she was witnessing.

A ritual, another huge number of headless demons, their heads on sticks as ashes fill around the area, so much it burns her nose. Humans in robes of black and red surround the bodies and began to chant something as they dose the withering bodies, even the head were not spared. At the end a match of lit and thrown as the bodies and head lit up in flames and the rejoice in strange languages.

The fire rose to consume and Nezuko felt a first tie, a sick sensation in her stomach. Yells brought her back as they rush towards you. Easy move of limbs and their bodies lay and their blood soak the ground. The demons no have more to worry about, the demon slayers that simply kill them was fine but this. How long has this been happening? Are their more? Is this a cult she just discovered.

Nezuko ran to where the village entrance was, the demons had another enemy all along and they were the reason for such little amount. Her image was a blur as she races towards the village. That feeling she had stuck with her, the image imprint in her mind. They call demons bad, but humans are just as bad but worst.

What was even worst that she smells burning flesh, do humans really do this to their own. Sure, we kill each other but humans have always been doing that. We don't enjoy eating each other expect for me but some humans do it for survival while others enjoy eating their own as a hobby. We demons are allowed to get away as we are treated as beings with 0 to no morals but humans who behave like gods, who can die just by slipping or a knock to back of the head.

Have humanity ego grown so big that they ca get away or so stupid to do such things. The village is in sight and Nezuko push through the gate, and she is falling.