-" Picking Pumpkins "- ☁️

Since it is inching closer to Halloween, I present to you: PUMPKIN PICKING

3rd person PoV

After struggling to find an open parking spot, Ghost let out a relieved sigh, turned off the car and hopped out. His door slammed shut and so did his passenger door, he was joined by his husband, Soap.

They walked up to the front gate and entered their local pumpkin patch; Garson's Farm. The farm was extremely crowded this time of year. Even coming early in the morning, this place was absolutely swamped with families and others.

The two joined hands and Soap instantly pulled towards the larger, off the vine, pumpkins Ghost just quietly followed.

"What about this one Ghost? It's nice and big, and look at those colours!" Soap thumped the top of the pumpkin happily and turned towards Ghost.

"Looks good, except for that little hole in the bottom." Ghost tapped his foot against almost the bottom of the pumpkin and sure enough, there was about a one inch hole in the bottom, which flies and beetles were traversing through.

"Damn. This is probably rotten then, aye? Good eye Simon." Soap looked up at the Brit and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. In the background, a random mother scoffed and turned her child away but Ghost just rolled his eyes.

"Maybe we could go look at the smaller pumpkins? They usually don't have any holes and we could get a couple instead of just one big one."  Ghost extended his arm and pointed over to the group of medium sized pumpkins, about the size people normally carve.

One immediately caught the brunette's eye, so he quickly started walking, almost pulling Ghost off of his feet. They briskly walked together and Soap stopped at one of the pumpkins.

"This one." He pointed excitedly and looked up at his partner. This pumpkin was absolutely perfect. Smooth, round face, nice orange color, no bad spots and it was the perfect size.

"Talk about me having a good eye, you pick pumpkins better than you shoot." The tall blond chuckled and rolled around the pumpkin on the ground, inspecting it carefully and brushing off any dirt.

Soap's eyes narrowed and he folded his arms.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

Ghost smirked up at his husband and looked back at the pumpkin.

"No holes, no lesions, no bruises. This pumpkin is all clear." Ghost smiled and set the pumpkin back down onto the dirt. He pulled out his pocket knife and sliced through the stem, making sure the cut was even.

"Here you are, one perfect pumpkin." Ghost picked up the pumpkin and handed it to Soap with a slight smile on his face.

"Thank you~." The brunette drug out his word and held the pumpkin securely, he did not want to drop this thing.

"You want to get another pumpkin, or are we just getting this one?" Ghost put a arm around his partner and smiled as her asked the question. Shortly, Soap answered.

"Just the one is good, don't want to go overboard like last year." The smaller man snickers a rests his head on Ghost's shoulder, looking up at him.

"Oh, yeah. No. That was horrible." Ghost shook his head and started walking towards the exit, Soap following close behind.

"You know, I was wondering what we should carve this year... and I think I figured it out."

"Oh? And what's that?" Ghost spoke with a chuckle, slipping his hands into his hoodie pocket

"I think we should just carve a big "141" in it, just to remember how we met." With a smile, Soap turned to Ghost for feedback.

"You know... sounds good." Ghost nodded in affirmation, and kept walking. Soap slipped his hand into Ghost pocket and pulled out the blond's hand to hold, keeping the pumpkin tucked under his other arm.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hah. I'm alive again. THANK YOU ALL FOR OVER 1K READS! This whole thing just started as a little joke, but I'm so happy that it has blown up! Thanks to everyone!

-Your writer, Raven

Word Count: 682