-" Shark in the Water "- Pt. 2 ☁️

Diving right back in where we left off!
It's fate.

3rd Person PoV:

"What exactly are you?" Ghost's mind is racing. This... creature has the upper half of a man and the lower half of a shark. The Brit looks the mer up and down from sopping wet mohawk to tail tip.

"Ach, I'm a merfolk, thought that much was evident. Name's John MacTavish, but friends call me Soap." The merfolk smiles brightly and extends a webbed hand, the extra skin stretches like elastic as he spread his fingers.

Ghost is extremely hesitant to put his hand to Soap's hand, but after a moment he shakes hands with the brunette. The Brit winces internally when he feels the sharp, smooth claws press against the skin on the back of his hand.

"I'm Ghost." The blond nods and pulls his hand away while giving a 'friendly' smile. He wipes his hand off on his trunks and looks into Soap's unusually blue eyes, it's as if the soft ripples of the sea were trapped inside of this mer's irises.

It's yet another prolonged silence as the two just exchange amazed expressions at eachother's facial features. The human and the merman just soak in the other's, dare I say, beauty.

Soft gazes fall over small scars and freckles, beautiful brown eyes and bright hair. Contrarily, focused looks inspect the small scales that litter the mer's face in patches. They soon look into eachother's eyes and time seems to freeze.

Now, Ghost isn't one to believe in fate, but this, this was meant to be. There is no way in the nine hells that out of the 8 billion people on Earth, Ghost is the one to meet the otherworldly creature.

Call it fate or call it odd chance, This Brit, who never belonged in Florida in the first place, has just fallen head over heels for 'Soap' and good lord does this realization hit him hard.

Ghost feels a warmth that blossoms in his chest and coils upwards before smothering his cheeks in red. The human opens his mouth to speak, but it's just left agape, lips frozen parted just a few centimeters as his breath quickens.

As the blond spaces out, his sense of reality seems to fuzz out and be replaced with frantic thinking. 'Is this love? Could I really have fallen for a fish... guy?' The gears turn in Ghost's brain and the world around him feels static.

Soap lets out a hearty laugh that snaps Ghost back awake. The blond slowly lowers into the water with the mer and grabs that same, wet hand that he had earlier seen as disgusting.

"Ya humans fall too quick." Soap smiles and pulls the frozen Ghost against his bare chest. The brunette floats on his back like an otter so the human can stay above water. The Brit takes a moment to reboot before speaking through breaths.

"I... I've never fell this fast really... ever." Ghost murmurs, earning a sly smirk from Soap. The mer slides a hand through the human's curly locks. Soap gingerly runs his long nails through Ghost's hair, being careful to not catch the sharp points on any part of the blond.

"Really? I cannae believe that. Yer a handsome lad, ya really tryna say that ya've never had a perfect boy come up to ya?" Soap snickers and he looks up at this shellshocked man with a bright smile and an eyebrow raised.

"No. Never really been one for romantics." Ghost shrugs and just happily presses his face against Soap's chest. With almost no hesitation, the human slides his arms around the mer and settles just below his dorsal fin.

"Oh? The wee Ghostie is scared of love? That it?" Soap chuckles, but is met by a slow nod that halts his laughter. The brunette's heart sinks and he cradles the human in his arms.

"I didnae mean it like that..." The mer gently strokes his claws down Ghost's back. The Brit takes a deep breath in and slowly sits up, his hips settling a few inches below Soap's belly button.

"It's alright. I should get going, It's getting dark." Ghost clambers off of Soap and got back in his boat. The mer looks up with wide eyes and quickly swims over to the boat and holds onto the side tightly.

"Come back tomorrow. Please." And with that, Ghost nods and starts up the boat. Soap swims away to his little rock bed and wedges himself between the stones, this is going to be a long night...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sorry movies, but I'm ending this little section here. I love doing the Merfolk!AUs and will be featured in future chapters.

Your writer, Raven

Word Count: 788