-" Chilly "- ☁️>🥀

Civilian!AU
Minor Angst
Soap is a tattoo artist, Ghost is retired military. They met when Ghost went to get a new tattoo and got it done by the new artist.

3rd Person PoV:

Soap loves to go on walks. Even since the first time they hung out together, Ghost knew this.
The Scott always brags about how he has amazing endurance, being able to walk for hours without getting tired.

Walks on the beach, in the park, even just around a city, Soap loves it all. Although, his favorites were calm strolls in a forest. He just loves nature and being able to be immersed into the greenery.

So, when Ghost tries thinking of a first date idea, an idea pops into his head. Queen Elizabeth Forest Park, it was the perfect place. A lush forest with so many beautiful trails and wildlife. Not only was it all of this, it was also in Scotland.

After doing a whole load of research, Ghost finally settles on a trail. The Pond Trail in Aldie Burn. It took you around a pond while still keeping you in the greenery. If they go early in the morning nobody would be there and they could have breakfast together and-

Ghost shakes his head, waking himself. He is getting way too ahead of himself, Soap hasn't even said yes yet. So, that is the first course of action, get the Scott to say yes the next time he sees him.

And that's exactly what Ghost does. The next time he meets Soap at the coffeehouse, he asks if he'd like to go to Aldie Burn with him, maybe go on a trail. And to the Brit's greatest delight, Soap excitedly agrees and asks when they would be going.

"How does... Monday sound? We can go early in the morning, pack some sandwiches or something for breakfast?" Ghost speaks that last bit softly, but the brunette instantly agrees to the offer.

"Sounds great! I'll come to your house say... 6:00 AM? I'll bring some potato scones." Soap smiles and stands up, nearly spilling his hot chocolate all over the table, saved by Ghost's quick hands.

"See ye then!" Soap sprints outside, catches a cab, and is gone in an instant. Ghost is left chuckling to himself, a light pink dusting his cheeks and he smiles. Practically beaming.

Come Sunday, Ghost is stressing hardcore. He's so scatterbrained that he's burnt his dinner twice now. Simple scrambled eggs, burnt twice. His mind is over loaded with ways to ask Soap.

"Johnny, will you- no, That's stupid. John, I've known you for a long time now, and I think I've developed feelings for yo- SHITE MY EGGS." Ghost quickly rushes over to his, once again, charred eggs. He quickly scrapes the ashes into the bin and throws the pan in the sink.

"Get a fuckin' hold of yourself, Simon." Ghost pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs loudly, deciding dinner would have to wait. He walks out onto his balcony, admiring the stars above and the lit up street below.

"Why am I such a nervous wreck? He'll probably say yes... but what if he won't? He's never seen me with my mask off, what is he doesn't like my scars? What if he thinks I'm ugly? What if-" Ghost cut himself off with a deep breath in and out.

He pulls out some cigarettes and a zippo, putting the stick in his mouth and lighting it. He'd been meaning to quit, but the second the searing smoke goes down his throat and burns his lungs, he calmed.