-" Who are you? "- 🥀??

Medival!AU
Monster hunter Ghost, Monster Soap
Ghost is a semi-famous hunter who only takes jobs that he sees as a challenge. When a rumor pops up of a creature that lives down by the loch, luring people to their death using its beauty, Ghost sets off to find it.

3rd Person PoV:

The air has a certain, eerie chill as Ghost slides his way down the pine needle slope and stalks over to the long shore that borders the calm, frigid water. The loch is clouded with an ominous, thick mist and as the waves lap against the shore, as does the smell of drowned, decaying flesh.

Ghost crouches down in the thick shrubbery and raises his crossbow in silence, the mechanisms clicking and creaking as he slowly loads in a bolt. His eyes graze over the stagnant water, watching, waiting for any sort of movement.

"Where are ya? Ya cheeky bugger..." Ghost whispers and looks through his weapon's sight. Before he could get any other words in, a loud whinny breaks through the silence.

Ghost turned to see a beautiful, gray Eriskay pony pawing at the pebbles that make up the rough coast. The horse neighs and huffed, like it was trying to get attention.

The blond instinctively raises his crossbow at the horse and aims, his calloused fingers ready on the trigger. He should take the shot, but these horses are wildly endangered. The creature bows its head and shakes its mane, seemingly stressed.

The Hunter is on complete edge as he watches the horse trot towards the water, splashing in the cold before turning back to face Ghost once more.

The blond slowly lowers his crossbow and extends a hand in the pony's direction. The creature rears up, neighs loudly, and its hooves thud back down on the ground paired with a loud huff. The horse's tail swishes as Ghost slowly creeps closer, his hand still extending to soothe the beast.

The Brit inches closer and closer until his hand rests on the horse's muzzle. Ghost gently sets his crossbow down onto the rocks and gingerly runs his digits down the corse, shimmering, silver fur.

It's a bit unusual for this horse to be by a cold, dark lake, but the blond guesses that if it needed water, this would be the place. As Ghost cautiously pets the animal, waves wash quietly against the shore. A very slight wind had picked up off the water, sending a chill down Ghost's spine.

The horse noses Ghost, causing the Brit to shift back on his heels. The creature lets out a quiet grunt and slings its head so that it pulls Ghost close against its chest. Ghost wraps his arms around the large animals and closes his eyes gently.

The mass of the creature shrinks down in the tall man's arms and it now feels like Ghost is holding a... human? His eyes shoot open with a gasp, realizing he let his guard down. The blond's worried, chocolate brown eyes are met with sharp, blue eyes. The hunter's eyes dart, taking in the new man's face.

The figure has carefully cared for brown hair that has been intricately cut to be the shape of a Mohawk. The man has some scruff and his eyes are focused on Ghost, who opens his mouth to speak, yell, anything, but nothing comes out.

"Should've taken the shot, but thanks for not putting a bolt through my chest." The mysterious person chuckles quietly and grips Ghost tightly. The Brit tries to wiggle out but this guy is inhumanly strong and holds him in place.

"You know, I was going to kill you, but..." The Scott trails off and gently loosens his grip a bit. The Brit takes the opportunity to push his body away and hit the brunette in the throat, temporarily dazing him.

"Who the hell are you? Where did the horse go?" Ghost picks up his crossbow and aims it again, right at the figure's chest. Finger steady on the trigger. The man throws his hands up and backs away, rubbing his throat in pain.

"Woah there, hunter. Don't be shootin' all willy nilly now." The figure chuckles softly and smirks, keeping his arms up and out of the way. Ghost moves closer, keeping his crosshair on the man's chest, just in case.

"My name is John MacTavish. I live here down by the loch and if I had to guess, you're here for me." John extends his hand towards Ghost as a friendly gesture, but Ghost just keeps his Crossbow's sight on the brunette's chest.

"Okay, what the FUCK is happening?" Ghost inches forward, keeping his grip deathly tight on his weapon. The Scott just sighs and shakes his head disapprovingly.

"I'm a Kelpie, welcome to my domain." Before Ghost can react, the Kelpie ducks and rushes at the hunter, narrowly missing the silver bolt that was fired as soon as he moved.

Soap disappeared out of view like a shadow, leaving the blond to wonder for a moment where he had gone. There was a crunch in the leaves that makes Ghost whip his head around just in time to be knocked out with a strong, stinging hit to the temple.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

CLIFFHANGER‼️ (I didn't know where to go with this) FEAST MY CHILDREN.

Your Writer, Raven

Word Count: 889