𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

15 October 2023.

Surprise update?

All the best.

———————

———————

"Artemis?" My brother's voice broke me out of my trance

"Fuck." I cursed. "Where are you all?"

"Some room Carlos had to pull dad away from the party, from making a scene." Armani wheezed.

I glance at Apollo who was putting on his shirt, but all his concentration was on the conversation.

"We'll be there, Armani." I cut the call and the two of us run out of the room.

We slide down the flight of stairs trying to find the room Armani told us about.

"Fuck this." I hear Apollo mutter, glancing over my shoulder, the shirt had buttons missing. "Let's find them. I think I know the room." He looks up at me before taking the lead.

We reach a room two rooms away from the ballroom. I recognised it as the room Papá Carlos sometimes used as an office room or board room to discuss business with the guests.

I walk past Apollo and fling tbe door open.

The scene unfolding has me stumbling back, hitting Apollo's back, who cradles my in his arms. His bare chest offers me somewhat of the warmth I desperately craved for.

"I'm okay, I'm okay." I whispered to him as I stood up and faced my shattered world.

Carlos was being held back by Lucio and Allegra, while dad was held back by Marco, Giovanni and Demitri. Both of them bruised all over their bodies. CG had a busted lip and red cheek. Dad had swollen knuckles and a black eye. Maya stood in the middle of the room, her sight shifting between the two Don's, in position to stop another fight.