2

That morning Jonathan and Raymond where on a train back home, too their father Vermont Winchester. Their story is heartwarming. Raymond is son of Vermont sister, His mother died of a horrible virus and time later his dad died in war. Raymond was only 6, Vermont didn't hesitate in adopting him, his wife died giving birth to his only child Jonathan and he always wanted more than one child. So, he took Raymond put his name to him and raise him to be the man he is now. They are a family of 3, Vermont never married again. The train arrived and they got off fast to see their father waiting with the carriage ready to head home.

"How was the trip boys?"

"It was exhausting" Jonathan said putting his black hair back.

"I hate traveling" Raymond said pulling his shirt down.

"Well thank God, you are back, you will have time to rest."

"don't tell me you are throwing a welcome party."

"maybe"

"Come on Father" Jonathan said rolling his eyes back.

"What? everybody is anxious to see my boys full grown"

"Father, you know how much we hate formalities" Raymond say looking outside the window.

"Yes, and besides nobody here is fair interesting."

"Well, a lot of ladies will want your attention, and you my gentlemen are ready for courtship."

"Courtship? come on father, I thought you said You'll give us time to study."

"Yes, and I did, you already studied. medicine, politics and a bunch of liberal classes, both of you are more than prepared."

The carriage stopped and they were in front of their mansion, a big complex, 50 rooms, like 10 bathrooms and bunch of halls for parties, weddings and gatherings. They go to their rooms to drop off their stuff, after that, they went to the garden. Back there they had a memoir to both of their mothers. a beautiful stone grave, with flowers all over.

"It needs new flowers" Jonathan said taking old dead flowers from the floor.

"Want to go and pick some?"

"Not right now, I'm hungry, let's go inside."

"I'll go later."

Jonathan went inside and meet with his dad at the dinner table. He sat beside him, the staff brought him a plate of food.

"where's Ray?"

"His at his mother memorial"

"Why aren't you with him?"

"I guess I'm not ready, and he seemed like he needed time alone."

"Oh really, I thought you guys do everything together."

"Well Father not everything, that would be weird."

"I guess you are all grown up."

"Father? about the courtship thing"

"Yes son"

"Does it really have to be right now?"

"Jonathan you are 18 years old, I think I gave you a lot of time already."

"Yes, is true, but I just don't think I'm interested in that kind of stuff right now."

Raymond entered the room with his hands all dirty. he sat beside Jonathan.

"Look at your hands go and wash them, before you eat" Vermont said giving a sing to one of his staff.

The staff quickly brings a water bowl and a cloth, Raymond washed his hands.

"Father" Jonathan claimed the attention to him.

"Oh, right well my son I don't think you have any option, is my final decision."

"What happened?" Raymond asked.

"Is about the courtship thing" Jonathan clarified.

"Oh, I don't mind at all, I think is good, I mean we been studying a lot, a brake is good."

"See, be like ray for an instance."

"Thanks for having my back" Jonathan said mad he stood up and went to his room.

"Jonathan!" Vermont called him but he didn't look back.

"it's ok Father, that will pass."

Afterwards Raymond knocks on Jonathan's door, he waited a couple seconds and then passed. Jonathan was on his bed, looking at the roof. They've always been close since Vermont adopted Raymond, they got a long as soon as they saw each other, something like love at first sight, but with cousins.

"what's going on?"

"I just don't find women interesting."

"What are you, you like men or something?"

"No nothing like that, is just they are always so refined and talking about the stupidest things, and they get offended easily."

"Hmm, nothing about what happened to your mother trauma, right?"

"And that too, I don't want a woman dying because my child was too big for her or something, have you seen dad, he never even married again."

"Yes well, I think is because your mother was one of a kind and he still loves her."

"That was 18 years ago."

"Well love never dies."

"idiot"

"I'm sorry, just give it a chance, maybe there somebody out there worth a chance."

"fine" he said overwhelmed.

"Nice, now start getting ready, the party starts in a couple hours."

"Kill me now"

Jonathan Winchester

Jonathan Winchester

Raymond Winchester