Chapter 2 - Imminent war

November 8, 1956/1626

Town of Qua-Toyne, Principality of Qua-Toyne

Almost 10 months have passed since the last first contact between America with Qua-Toyne and Quilia, and both of the 2 nations of this world, have changed drastically in a matter of 10 months.

After the conference called the "Havana Conference", in which Qua-Toyne and Quilia sent diplomats to the main capital of the American Continental Union, Havana, to negotiate.

While in Havana, both diplomats from the two nations were shocked by this nation, America itself is actually an entire continent, over 42,550,000 km² in size and having over 1 billion inhabitants.

Speaking of inhabitants, the inhabitants of America are made up of humans and, surprisingly, beastmen and demihumans.

But these beastmen and demihumans were different from what they are used to, the demihumans call themselves Faunus and beastmen call themselves Sapiens.

America is made up of a mixed society, as they believe that, to end prejudice, racism and hatred, a society needs to become mixed, it took a while for this to happen, but it worked.

The population of the American continent follows ideals that are very different from what Qua-Toyne and Quilia's diplomats are used to, they follow a person's individual freedom, equal rights, distribution of wealth, among others.

The story of the origin and birth of the Union is also very intriguing.

The entire continent was colonized by 5 other great empires, the Spanish Empire, Portuguese Empire, Kingdom of France, Kingdom of Holland and British Empire.

For more than 250 years, but in the year 1750, the people of all the colonies revolted against their colonizers and ended up gaining their independence and uniting into one nation to create a great nation to oppose colonization.

But unlike other nations, they do not have an emperor, nobility or other forms of politics that Qua-Toyne and Quilia are accustomed to, the leader of the nation is the so-called president and prime minister, both are chosen by the people to govern.

This type of government was unprecedented in this world.

America or the Union, was a global superpower in its ancient world, the largest and most powerful superpower.

When diplomats arrived in Havana, they met with the president, prime minister and other ministers in parliament, and made defense pacts, trade agreements and treaties.

Both Qua-Toyne and Quilia, have changed radically, they were beyond Mu or even almost rivaled Mirishial in terms of technology, society and military, the level of technology and society were 12th century and are now early 20th century.

In Qua-Toyne, the nation prospers from the sudden economic boom and technological boom.

The dirt roads were paved.

Concrete, steel and glass replaced stone and wooden buildings.

Cars and motorcycles replaced the old carriages and horses.

Universal public education, as well as schools and universities, were built across the nation.

In agriculture, things have changed a lot, various machines and agricultural implements have made life in the countryside much easier.

The police department replaced the municipal guard.

Hospitals replaced shamans and healers.

Electricity lights up the nation.