Chapter 19 - Declaration of War and Preparations for War

February 21, 1957/1627

Havana, Island of Cuba, American Continental Union

???: "Order!!! Order in the assembly!!! Order!!!"

After the diplomatic group returned from Esthirant with news of the cowardly execution of over 350 passengers and crew of the SS Olympic and Parpaldia's absurd demands for the ACU.

The entire people and government of the ACU were outraged and furious, Parpaldia not only executed the passengers and crew of the Olympic in cold blood, but also demanded their sovereignty and freedom.

Thus, an emergency meeting at the General Assembly of the American Continental Union was held, with many people attending, after the Speaker asked for silence and order, the President of the ACU General Assembly went towards the stage to make a statement, with several microphones on the table and several TV cameras pointed at him.

President of the ACU General Assembly: "People of the American Continental Union and the New World. Yesterday, February 20, 1957 of the Gregorian calendar, 20 Eldoravios of 1627 of the central calendar, a date that will be remembered as a day of infamy, cowardice and barbarity. The ocean liner, SS Olympic, was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval forces from the Empire of Parpaldia. The Olympic was making its peaceful journey to the Kingdom of Awan, when without any provocation, a naval force from Parpaldia attacked the Olympic, many of the passengers managed to escape, but not all. Those who remained behind, along with the rest of the Olympic crew, were captured and executed in cold blood by the Parpaldians. I regret to inform everyone that more than 350 lives were taken in cold blood."

February 21, 1957/1627

Town of Qua-Toyne, Principality of Qua-Toyne

In the Principality of Qua-Toyne, citizens interrupted their day-to-day activities to listen to the statement by the President of the ACU General Assembly, citizens gathered in places with radios or a TV store.

President of the ACU General Assembly: "[The Parpaldians not only showed our diplomats the execution of the Olympic survivors, they also demanded our sovereignty and our freedom!]"

At Qua-Toyne City National Hospital, Princess Lumines of Altarus was sitting on her bed while the TV in the upper corner of the room broadcast footage of the President of the ACU General Assembly.

Her heart was full of hope.

President of the ACU General Assembly: "[The ACU will not allow something like this to pass without any consequences!]"

February 21, 1957/1627

Amanoki City, Fenn Shogunate

In Amanoki City, the citizens of Amanoki, along with foreign workers and tourists, also interrupted their activities to listen to the radio broadcast from Havana.

At Amanoki Castle, the Shogun of Fenn, along with other daimyos, sat near a radio to listen to the broadcast.

President of the ACU General Assembly: "[The American Continental Union recognizes the execution of the passengers and crew of the SS Olympic as an act of war!]"

February 21, 1957/1627

Tormis City, Topan Kingdom

In the City of Tormis, which was still being rebuilt, the Topanians and ACUEF soldiers gathered in one place while Havana's pronouncement was being broadcast.