Chapter 18 - The Spark of War

February 20, 1957/1627

City of Esthirant, Empire of Parpaldia

In the 3rd Department of Foreign Affairs building, alone in his office, Kaios was disappointed.

After delivering crucial information about the ACU to the Government's Central Committee, Kaios hoped that the Royal Council would take the matter seriously.

But no... the Royal Council simply did the opposite of Kaios's expectations, sending a full invasion fleet, under the command of the newly promoted Supreme Admiral Cius, to invade Fenn, which was under the complete protection of the ACU itself.

This is a nightmare for Kaios.

If the Empire simply invades Fenn... he can't imagine a war with the ACU.

The only thing that came to his mind were huge waves of soldiers invading Parpaldia and defeating all of Parpaldia's formidable forces.

And also, like a fire in a dry forest, news about the Demon Army's crushing defeat spread quickly.

Demon Lord Nosgorath, the Demon Lord of ancient legends and tales, was simply killed by the ACU's armored beasts, not beasts, but powerful vehicles.

Vehicles that could carry powerful cannons, had greater mobility and good armor.

Rumors about the ACU's formidable firepower and powerful weapons also spread very quickly.

And this happened after the intervention of the ACU and its allies in Topan in their effort to exterminate and defeat Grameus' demons.

Regardless, he is just a director, a politician, not a military expert.

However, thinking about a war with the ACU and its allies has been a complete headache for him, especially since all the countries that were under Parpaldiana's sphere of influence began to break away and join the sphere of influence. from ACU.

All the other colonies have also begun to rebel and some have already declared their complete independence.

In other words, the borders of Parpaldia's hegemony would slowly shrink, and would shrink rapidly as time passed.

The borders that Emperor Ludius III expanded are finally shrinking.

Kaios: "Why can't they just listen?"

The old director of the 3rd Department of Foreign Affairs Parpaldian sighed in frustration.

He repeatedly warned the Royal Council councilors about the ACU, but they didn't listen to him and just wanted to hear what they wanted.

This ignorance will cause the dominoes to fall, initiating a major irreversible effect for Parpaldia.

While Kaios was frustrated with the Royal Council's incompetence and ignorance, the phone on his desk rang.

He immediately picked up the phone and answered it.

Kaios: "Director Kaios of the Third Department of Foreign Affairs?"

???: "{Sorry for interrupting, Lord Kaios. But, the 1st Department of Foreign Affairs has summoned you.}"

Kaios: "In whose name?"

???: "{From the Foreign Affairs Audit Office, your highness, Remille.}"

In an instant, Kaio's body froze.

Kaios knows who Remille is, not as the Emperor's bride, but as an irritating, spoiled, ignorant, hypocritical and delusional woman.

He already faces Remille frequently after the crisis within the Empire and its hegemony, and Remille's goal is to make the Parpaldian Empire great and the most powerful among the world's superpowers.