Chapter 5 - After the battle

November 10, 1956/1626

Town of Qua-Toyne, Principality of Qua-Toyne

Breweye: ".....and that is the general result of the battle, gentlemen."

News of the battle reached the capital early.

The entire Lourian invasion fleet was decimated and annihilated and was Qua-Toyne's first major victory in that war.

Inside the Qua-Toynian Conference Chamber, another chamber in Qua-Toyne Castle, people relieved and laughed upon hearing the total victory.

The ministers smiled and laughed, but also applauded, while Kanata sat back in her seat in relief.

After the Qua-Toynian White Steel Fleet returned with the POWs, they were taken to an old dungeon that was not demolished, as Maihark's prisons cannot hold such large POWs.

As they were taken to the dungeon, the citizens spat and insulted the Lourian prisoners of war, throwing some rotten fruits and vegetables at them.

At one point, some citizens attacked the prisoners of war and beat them, fortunately, the local police managed to stop him, while the mayor of Maihark stated:

"It is worth it".

Minister of Defense: "What happened to the prisoners of war?"

Breweye: "Beated by the people, sir."

Minister of Defense: "Haha! It's worth it."

Some laughed hard at the sarcasm, while others smiled with satisfaction.

Kanata: "Now, calm down gentlemen, this is not over yet. Although we were victors in the naval battle, we still have the Lourian army invading our nation by land."

Minister of Defense: "The Lourians have begun building camps in what remains of Gim, to be a suitable military base."

Minister of Intelligence: "After some investigation by our spies in Lourian, it was revealed that Lourian developed muskets from Parpaldian muskets."

Rinsui: "They developed muskets?! How long?"

Minister of Intelligence: "About 2 years, sir. However, these muskets are relatively small, about 1,000 of them, due to the fact that Lourian has not industrialized. These muskets were deployed at the Lourian base in Gim, we also saw some heavy cannons , bronze cannons to be exact."

Minister of Education and Cultures: "Heavy bronze cannons? How many are there?"

Minister of Intelligence: "Very small, around 100, because they are very expensive to build."

Minister of Defense: "Furthermore, the Lourians are marching to Ejei in large numbers. And as predicted, they wanted to besiege the city."

Rinsui: "I told the Union Embassy about the possible siege yesterday, Minister of Defense. The ambassador told me to wait for the Union forces."

Kanata: "How big are our forces in Ejei?"

Minister of Defense: "About three 5,000, Mr Prime Minister, with 50 field guns, 25 AA guns and more than 300 vehicles. Civilians were evacuated yesterday and if Union forces come, we have nowhere to leave them rest."

Kanata: "Understood. Who is in charge of Ejei?"

Minister of Defense: "Our newly appointed Major General Nhou 'The Hussar', sir. He has had a good career over these 10 months."

Kanata: "I believe he has an idea of the overcapacity problem, Minister of Defense. Let me know if any changes have happened. Dismissed!"

The meeting ended as people left the Conference Chamber.