Chapter 10 - Problems on the horizon

January 16, 1957/1627

Nishinomiyako City, Fenn Shogunate

Haru: "A mess that we need to explain later..."

After Louisiana and her companions' show of strength, Haru grabbed her forehead as she sighed heavily and her Faunus rabbit ears lowered.

Jack, who is next to him, shrugged his shoulders and also sighed.

Haru: "Jack, any ideas on how to tell the council what really happened here?"

Jack: "Sorry, Haru. I also have no idea how to tell them what the hell happened."

Haru: "And I thought this day couldn't be bad..."

The two Faunus rabbits stayed on the balcony, they are close to the shogun and the Fennese officers.

They could see how surprised they were.

Then, a Union Fleet sailor tasked with protecting them confronted them, he was carrying a Field Phone TA-312/PT.

Haru then picked up the phone and heard Captain Thomas on the other end, he was giving the report, while listening to the report, Haru's face reveals an expression of frustration after hearing all the captain's reports.

As Haru handed the phone back to the sailor, Jack was curious.

Jack: "So?"

Haru: "Apparently, the Wyverns that attacked Fenn and killed us were in fact from Parpaldia."

Jack: "How can we know?"

Haru: "Captain Thomas said they came from the West, the only nation west of Fenn is Parpaldia, it was also strengthened by information from the Fennese."

Jack: "Damn. Why am I not surprised? The council already expected a war with Parpaldia in the near future, but not now..."

Haru: "War is imminent and we need Fenn and Gahara as our new line of defense. I heard we have diplomats in Parpaldia now."

Jack: "Right. The council will try to set up a negotiation so that the Parpaldians act very passively so that we can expand our influence to them. Although the council already expects a war with them, at least we are trying..."

Haru: "And with this attack? Our ships and our planes killed those Parpaldian Wyverns."

Jack: "Yes..."

Haru: "You know what? Let's leave this aside and turn our attention to the Fennese."

Jack: "Oh, right! Here we go."

Haru: "After all this work.... Let's go on that date you.... owe me."

Haru said stuttering a bit as his cheeks turned red.

Jack knows what Haru is talking about, he just hugged Haru and kissed his cheek.

Jack: "I haven't forgotten that promise.... honey."

=========================================

Meanwhile, Shihan was sitting in the room inside Nishinomiyako Castle, he is now reading the document that Haru gave him.

Checking to see if there were any other proposals that would likely be very beneficial to Fenn.

What he achieved was only modernization and arms business, which are very beneficial to Fenn, an alliance and defense pact is also included in the document.

He has already ordered Motam to bring Union diplomats here for future negotiations.

The fusuma was then opened and revealed Motam, who brought the Union diplomats, he bowed and let the diplomats enter.