Chapter 4 - The Great Naval Battle

November 10, 1956/1626

City of Maihark, Principality of Qua-Toyne

10 months have passed and Maihark has changed drastically.

The once medieval city was replaced by a city similar to the city of São Francisco in the 1920s.

At the docks, Union troop transport ships arrived early and disembarked their forces, from infantry to armor.

At the Principality of Qua-Toyne's Marine Headquarters in Maihark, Admiral in charge Pancarre, wearing a decorated black admiral's uniform.

He saw on his chair a document regarding the outcome of the Battle for Gim.

Pancarre: "By the gods... What's next? A full-scale naval invasion with the entire Lourian navy?"

Pancarre realized what he said and now he was unlucky.

He got up and went to the large window, where he saw the newly built fleet of the Qua-Toyne Navy.

Because ports and dock buildings were still being constructed, and projects to build ships of their own would still take some time, but fortunately, Qua-Toyne was gifted a naval force of old, but deadly, Union ships.

50 gunboat, Erie (25), Hermelin (25).

48 destroyers, Bainbridge class (8), Truxtun class (8), Smith class (8), Wickes class (12), Clemson class (12).

32 armored/protected cruisers, Atlanta class (4), Albany class (4), Maine class (4), Pittsburgh class (4), Uruguai class (4), Olympia class (4), Columbia class (4), St. Louis class (4).

31 scout cruiser, Chester class (8), Bahia class (8), Omaha class (15).

21 pre-dreadnought, Indiana class (3), Andes class (3), Washington class (3), San Francisco class (3), Salt Lake Beach class (3), Mexico class (3), Cuba class (3).

15 dreadnought, South Carolina class (3), Atacama class (3), Amazonas class (3), Minas Gerais class (3), Rio de Janeiro class (3).

6 aircraft carriers, Langley class (6).

80 submarines, Bermudas class (20), Hawaii class (20), L-class (20), G-class (20).

Totaling 283.

The number may be small considering Lourian's numbers, but they had ridiculously high quality and firepower.

It was a very peaceful sight, but it must have been interrupted by three knocks on the door.

Pancarre: "Come in!"

The door opened and revealed a young elf in an officer's uniform, Junior Officer Breweye.

Breweye: "Sir!"

Pancarre: "Ah, Junior Officer Breweye! What brings you here?"

Breweye: "A report from a coastal air patrol, sir! It was reported that over five thousand warships crossed our sea border, all flying the Lourian flag. It also included three dragon carriers, two light and one heavy, plus a series of five-rate frigates and ironclads."

Pancarre: "What?! I can tolerate the five-tier frigates, but the dragon carriers and ironclads?! How the hell do the Lourians own those types of ships!?"

Breweye: "From what we can assume, Parpaldia gave the dragon carriers and ironclads as 'gifts'. We can say that Lourian sent 95% of his navy."

Pancarre: "....I think I jinxed everything with my words. Is our fleet ready?"

Breweye: "Yes sir!"

Then, three more knocks on the door were heard.

Pancarre: "Come in!"