Chapter 14 - The United Kingdom of Mu

January 30, 1957/1627

City of Otaheit, United Kingdom of Mu

The sky was clear, with some clouds above Mu's capital, Otaheit.

This morning, OTE Myrus Leclerc was in front of the Military Intelligence and Analysis Department building to catch a taxi.

When a taxi arrived, Myrus got into the taxi.

Taxi driver: "Where to, good sir?"

Myrus: "Ainank Air Base, please."

The taxi then left, Myrus then grabbed a newspaper to pass the time.

Soon after, Myrus arrives at Ainank Air Base.

The place itself is located just off the coast of Otaheit, outside of town and close to the Otaheit Naval Base.

The chief director of the Military Information Analysis Department summoned him to Ainank air base after an urgent call from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Myrus was still confused by the sudden call, but complied.

After Myrus arrived at the air base, he entered the base commander's room and was greeted by the Ainank air base commander, the chief director of the Military Information Analysis Department, and 2 officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The head director stood up and shook his hand before introducing him.

Chief Director: "Gentlemen, this is the technology and engineering officer, Myrus Leclerc, he was the best OTE we could have for you."

Myrus: "Technology and Engineering Officer Myrus Leclerc, on duty, sir!"

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Employee #1: "Thank you for coming, OTE Leclerc. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Myrus then sat down next to the chief director and the 2 employees began to explain.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Employee #1: "Yesterday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs received a call from the Ministry of Defense about the discovery of a huge unknown fleet east of our continent. It appears this fleet came from the Eastern Hemisphere."

Myrus: "The Eastern Hemisphere? Could it be a Parpaldian fleet?"

Foreign Office Official #2: "No. This fleet consisted of gigantic warships, with no sails, no detected magic, and armed to the teeth. They claimed to be from a continent called America and are also a continental alliance called the Union American Continental"

Upon hearing the name "America" and "American Continental Union", Myrus perks up.

Myrus: "The ACU?! The new eastern continent that defeated and occupied the Lourian Kingdom on the Rondenius Continent?!"

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Employee #1: "Ah, it looks like you already knew that. Yes, the same alliance the fleet came from."

Myrus: "When I was going through some documents a few weeks ago, I read a document mentioning that ACU would come to the continent of Mu for a diplomatic visit."

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Employee #2: "He's smart, director. He's smart."

Chief Director: "He may be young, but he is a prodigy and one of the greatest minds in our department."

Ministry of Foreign Affairs official #1: "OTE Leclerc, due to our lack of information about this alliance, mainly about its technological and military levels. We request that you be the guide of the diplomats and representatives of the American Continental Union in our kingdom."