Chapter 15 - Internal Problems of the Empire

February 1, 1957/1627

City of Esthirant, Empire of Parpaldia

In the space of 1 day, Director Elta gathered enough information about the existence of the American Continental Union, or just ACU.

She cannot guarantee whether the ACU were actually the unknown forces that intervened in the naval battle during the Great Rondenian War, but firmly believes that it was them.

She also gathered information from Admiral Poquetoire regarding the failed attack on Fenn 2 weeks ago.

What the Admiral described would be 3 large warships that, probably rivaling the Muan warships, had enormous agility and speed, utilized rotating turret mechanisms and could fire at great distances.

It wasn't just these 3 ships that the punishment fleet faced, the report says that in the rear of the fleet, 15 much smaller vessels, to the point of being considered vulnerable, annihilated more ships than the 3 large ships themselves.

The report says that they had much smaller cannons, but they did not fire, the Parpaldian fleet was hit from beneath the water by what were described as water arrows.

At first, she thought it was the "Eighth Empire" that was repelling the punishment fleet's attack.

However, after some research with said empire, they were on the other side of the world, millions of miles away from Fenn, and they are at war with Mu.

If they crossed the Grand Eastern Expanse, it would be a miracle.

But no, it wasn't them.

After some small research, Elta was able to obtain some information about the existence of the ACU and the place where they came from.

She once went to the port of Esthirant, where the ACU diplomatic fleet was docked, and she saw gigantic warships with strange designs, somewhat similar to the warships designed by Mu.

Elta was able to see similarities between the warships of the ACU diplomatic fleet and Admiral Poquetoire's description.

She knows that making a rotating tower mechanism is very difficult and only the Western Continent and Central Continent are capable of building them.

But if such warships anchored in the port of Esthirant, many would think they were Mu's newest warships or Mirishian warships.

As she was informed, the 3rd Department of Foreign Affairs will take care of the American Continental Union.

However, Elta was worried that the 3rd Department of Foreign Affairs, without Kaios' supervision, would end up at war with the ACU.

The size of the continent, population and military level of the ACU are unknown.

Elta believed that the warships anchoring in the port of Esthirant were just a very small fleet of a huge fleet.

Elta's only concerns now are the ACU and the "Eighth Empire". The Empire should be aware of the existence of the ACU, not as a barbaric organization, but as a civilized threat.

Regardless, the Emperor convened a Royal Council Assembly in the Royal Household Building.

================================================

The Royal Household Building is located not far from the palace.

It housed the Royal Council and was, in a way, central to the government after the Emperor's absence for 2 years.

The Emperor's call for a Royal Council Assembly was a very sudden call, as the Royal Council had not prepared itself.

You can tell that the members of the Royal Council fear that the Emperor already knows about their dirty work and will strip them of their nobility.