Chapter 13 - Complicated Situation in the East

January 28, 1957/1627

Town of Qua-Toyne, Principality of Qua-Toyne

On the outskirts of the capital of the Principality of Qua-Toyne, a Greco-Roman style, temple-like building served as a conference building for Qua-Toyne.

The building is situated on top of a hill, with a railway station at the bottom of the hill.

Today the so-called Annual Conference of the Countries of the Grand Orient, or simply, Conferences of the Grand Orient, is a conference between barbarian countries in the Eastern Hemisphere.

The Principality of Qua-Toyne had the honor of hosting this year's conference and many conferences were held earlier this year due to the sudden change and the sudden appearance of a new continent and a new alliance in the far east.

Yugao: "Ahem! Thank you to all the representatives and ambassadors for coming to this Grand Eastern Annual Conference. Let's start this conference with the main theme of this conference! The American Continental Union, or just, ACU"

At a large round table made of marble, carved by the greatest and best sculptors of Qua-Toyne and Quilia, sat the representatives and ambassadors of many countries, they all received papers filled with today's topic.

Yugao: "As most of the countries present here have close relations with the ACU, today's first topic will be your sincere opinions on this continent and its alliance."

Then, the representative of the Kingdom of Mao raised his hand.

Representative of Mao's Kingdom: "I am Mao's representative, our country has not yet opened diplomatic relations with the American Continental Union. Our government believes that they are a threat to us, since they managed to defeat the Lourian Kingdom and occupied in just 7 days."

Then the Quilia ambassador to Qua-Toyne immediately interrupted the Maoan representative.

Quilia Ambassador: "Sorry for the interruption. I am the Qualia ambassador for Qua-Toyne and I wanted to correct the Maoan representative's explanation. Yes, indeed, the ACU defeated and occupied Louria, but the fact that we, Qua-toynians and Quilians, we defeated Louran. The ACU was just a supporting ally, which was also an important factor in the advancement of our countries, rivaling the great powers."

Based on the statement made by the Quilian ambassador, the representatives and ambassadors present at the meeting were surprised.

Then Topan's ambassador to Qua-Toyne raises his hand.

Topan Ambassador: "I am Topan's ambassador to Qua-Toyne and I also think the same. Our kingdom has strong relations with this new continent and its alliance. And it is also now starting to send much-needed resources for the modernization of our country."

And then, the Sios representative raised his voice.

Representative of Sios: "I am a representative of Sios, we agree with the Topan ambassador. The ACU was very generous in giving us the modernization of our kingdom, as a result, we experienced a huge economic boom due to our trade with the ACU, which gave us made it prosper much more than our time trading with the Parpaldian Empire."

Quilia Ambassador: "The ACU is an organization of peace and harmony, free from slaves and does not hate non-human races, as they themselves have demi-humans and beastmen, who call themselves Faunus and Sapiens. Although they suffered some internal problems because of the end of slavery, to the point of having a civil war to bring slavery back. ACU is kind and caring and cares more about the people than prestige. Despite being an alliance of peace and prosperity, they can still get angry if they do something wrong, if any nation angers them, they will receive the fury of a continent of more than 42,550,000 km² and a population of more than 1 billion of inhabitants."