Chapter 8 - The 3 Regions

Month Past By
Katsu continues on, despite sadness and grief. Everyday, He kept remembering his friend's death while every night, he keeps dreaming of their dead corpse. Filled with regrets, sadness, grief, including fear, he continues on his journey without resting, nor sleeping.

At night, while Katsu was travelling, he saw a few Sailors getting surrounded by hilichurls. Katsu took out his katana and killed them. Once he killed them all, Katsu went to check the Sailors if they were okay.

Katsu: Are you guys okay?
Sailor: Yes! Thank you so much!
Sailor 2: Is there anything that we could do in return?
Katsu: No thank you, I'll be okay.
Sailor: Well, can we at least give you a ride or something?
Katsu: A ride? I'd rather pay.
Captain: What's going on here?

They both turn to the girl that was on the ship.

Sailor: Captain!
Captain: Who is this fine gentleman?
Sailor 2: Captain, he saved us.
Captain: How kind. Thank you, traveller! We better get going.
Sailor: Do you plan to come?
Katsu: Hm... Aether and Lumine might be somewhere from afar. I will come.
Sailor 2: Wonderful! Come!

Katsu followed the sailors to the ship. Everyone stares at Katsu as he explores the deck. "You there!" The Captain calls, Katsu turns around and sees The Captain.

Beidou: Didn't expect my sailors would invite a hero on this ship. I'm Beidou. And welcome to The Crux!
Katsu: Katsu, and I did not come here for free, I have to pay.
Beidou: No need! Keep it.
Katsu: With all due respect, I do not ride for free. Besides, I still have enough money for myself.

He gave a sack of coins to and went to the front deck and watched the oceanview. Soon afterwards, the ship set sail. Night came, leaving Katsu alone on the front deck. Katsu was still watching the oceanview when Beidou showed up.

Beidou: Hey! Katsu... right?
Katsu: Yes, can I help you?
Beidou: No, no!
Katsu: Very well.

Katsu turns to the ocean. Beidou then noticed something on his waist. It was a symbol of Aether's belt.

Beidou: Is that... The Traveller's belt?
Katsu: Oh, this? It's from Aether's.
Beidou: Yeah, The Traveller.
Katsu: Wait... Do you know him?
Beidou: Yeah! He's quite popular.
Katsu: So... He forgets everything and decides to be famous?
Beidou: What are you talking about? He's still a traveller!
Katsu: Where is he?!
Beidou: I believe he was in Inazuma. He might be there. Gladly we are heading there.
Katsu: Oh, thank you, Captain Beidou.
Beidou: No problem, Katsu.

Katsu stares at the ocean then after so long, He smiled. "What's so important about him?" Beidou asked, Katsu then explained the whole story about them. "Ooh... That's quite a story. I feel bad for everything you've been through" Beidou said, while Katsu only nodded. Katsu stares at the ocean, relieved from the news.

The Next Day
They stopped by the shore. Katsu wakes up and gets off from The Ship. He went to Beidou and thanked him. He bows and heads to The Inazuma City. He looks around, looking for Aether and Lumine. He's even asking the locals about their presence. Gladly they know him but do not know where they are.

He loses hope in The City and decides to search in the forest. He kept searching for them but sadly not around. And when he was about to lose hope, he found a huge household. As he tried to enter it, he was stopped by the guard.