Chapter 22 - Past Visions

The fog only got thicker as they headed deeper and deeper into the forest. But the struggle soon stopped as Katsu found the cave that was in the vision. Katsu went to grab a branch stick and light it up.

Katsu: This is the place.
Beidou: Lead the way.
Noelle: Yes.

Katsu nodded and headed into the cave. It was dark, cold and empty. Katsu was walking very slowly, almost like his footsteps were quiet, so was Beidou and Noelle. As they headed deeper into the cave, they began hearing noises echoing in the cave yet they kept going.

Noelle: I'm... Creeped out.
Beidou: So am I.
Katsu: Fret not, I will defend.
Noelle: Kind of unfair, Katsu. Isn't that my job?
Katsu: Yes, but I'll handle this. Besides, I'm the one who needed you all from my travelling shenanigans.
Beidou: You're not wrong.
Noelle: Hey! Don't be rude!

The screech began echoing and bats started flying towards them. Katsu immediately put them both behind him and raised the torch, blinding the bat and avoiding the fire and flew out of the cave. Katsu looked around, the place seemed finally quiet. They continued walking.

Katsu: Let's not scream and draw attention, alright?
Noelle: Sorry.
Katsu: Beidou isn't wrong after all. Maybe someday, I might ask for her help and see us fighting archon and monsters.
Beidou: That's impossible.
Katsu: It's only a what if.
Noelle: Okay, okay.

They walked for almost an hour and searched for what Katsu truly wanted. But while on their way to the destination, they stumble upon a clear area. They thought nothing would happen when a dark smoke surrounded them, covering the whole place. They stopped when the torch died out and looked around, trying to find at least a small crack of light but everything was dark.

Noelle: Katsu, can you fire the stick again?
Beidou: It's too dark!
Katsu: I can't.
Beidou: This is bad.

Before Noelle started panicking, something started to glow. They looked at Noelle and saw a trail of light, levitating around Noelle's feet. They were both in awe and confused. The light levitated a few steps away from them and started to create a vision of Noelle. She was now completely in awe as the light created a vision of her, but... In the past. She smiled as she saw herself as a happy mother. Once the vision ended, the light started spinning from above, lighting up the place for a bit. They were all in awe.

Without noticing, another trail of light started levitating around at Beidou's feet. The light did the same like Noelle's and showed Beidou's past: A kind, loyal, trustworthy friend and family. They were now in awe and happy from their past visions. The light then also spins around from above and lighting the place a bit more. Katsu saw the path yet again and made his way to the destination "Come, girls". He continued walking, not knowing the light also appeared and levitated on his feet.

The light was now red. The light then levitated into the air and revealed his past. A cruel past. The awe on their faces soon turned into horror as they saw Katsu burning the village, killing civilians, destroying half of mankind... But the worst is he also killed kids in the past. They were now in fear. The worst thing is that Katsu had the same healed scar, same healed wounds and other more. They were shaking and were even afraid to speak to Katsu.
[To be continued...]