Chapter 13 - The Start Of Battle || Sacrifices Made

Weeks Later
Katsu was wandering around outside Mondstadt when he suddenly met Noelle again.

Noelle: Oh, good afternoon, Katsu.
Katsu: Good afternoon to you too, Noelle.
Noelle: What brings you out here?
Katsu: Just wandering around, still familiarizing the whole area. Probably everywhere.
Noelle: Oh? Well, I can give you a tour to the place! I have free time.
Katsu: Wonderful, lead the way then.

Noelle nodded then gave Katsu a tour to the whole place. Hours later, they finally stopped on the Starsnatch Cliff. They were sitting on the cliff when they suddenly saw the clouds going dark. They were confused. The sky got worse, making them worried. They decided to head back before something bad happened. Once they head back, they notice that everything got worse. The wind blew hard, lightning struck down, while the roofs were gonna be pulled out from the houses, due to the strong storm.

Aether and the others came and gathered around.

Aether: What is going on?!
Katsu: That's what I'm about to ask.
Jean: Well, whatever is happening, it's not good.
Katsu: It's probably a normal storm.
Kaeya: It's not a normal storm—
Paimon: Everyone! Look!

Paimon yelled and pointed at the sky that was opening a portal. They all looked up and saw 2 figures coming out from the portal. They were curious about the unknown figures but all those curiosities became horror when they all saw an incoming fire coming from them. They all got away from the area and avoided the incoming fire. Once they all got away, a massive cube came crashing down to the ground, causing a strong earthquake. Katsu's eyes went wide and saw Lumine and The Unknown God.

Filled with anger, Katsu took out his katana and lunged towards her. The Unknown God turned to him and flew directly at him. They both fly away. The Favonius Knights surrounded Lumine, telling her to surrender. She groaned and started killing them one by one. Shocked, Aether and the others came and stopped her immediately.

Aether: Sister! This isn't you!
Lumine: I am still myself.
Aether: You are NOT yourself!
Lumine: Fool.

She kicks him away and fights Noelle and the others.

Meanwhile
Katsu and The Unknown God crash into the forest. They both easily recovered and slowly got up.

Katsu: Bring my friend back.
The Unknown God: No, She will never return to you, nor her brother.
Katsu: You don't even know her!
The Unknown God: That doesn't matter, with her power, we can rule the dimensions! Starting teyvat.
Katsu: You have to kill me first.
The Unknown God: As I should be.

They both grabbed their weapons and started fighting.

On the other hand
They all soon lost the fight with Lumine. She smirked and walked away, not knowing Aether was running towards her. He kicked her from the back and attacked her.

Lumine: So... You dare to fight your own sister?
Aether: I have to stop you from your plans, even if it means by killing you.

Her eyes widened. She clenched her sword and fought back.

Meanwhile
Katsu was slowly losing the fight with The Unknown God. He was then slammed against the tree, causing it to break and fall on him. He was stabbed on the chest, causing him to run out of blood and said "Enough, this fight is over" as she walked away. Katsu lays flat on the ground and suddenly remembers Lumine. He shed a tear and closed his eyes. He thought everything was lost when something awakened. He opened his eyes and caused countless elements to explode. The Unknown God stops and turns around and sees Katsu back on his feet.

She backs away. Katsu roars and dashes towards her. He grabbed her by the neck and threw her around. He lifted her up back on her feet and pushed her back. He took out his katana and yelled "C'MON! FIGHT!" The Unknown God started shaking and tried fighting back. Katsu laughed and fought back. She changed her mind and flew away. Katsu laughed and threw his katana towards her, stabbing her in the stomach. She fell and crashed onto the Cathedral.

Lumine saw her crashing on to the Cathedral, She immediately ran up to her. Aether then followed her while the others recovered and followed Aether, meanwhile Katsu made his way back to Mondstadt. Lumine tried to help The Unknown God but she won't get up due to Katsu's aggressive fighting. Lumine was furious and started to collect all of her powers. The ground was shaking aggressively as Lumine's created a massive orb.

Diluc: We must stop her!
Jean: She's doing something that'll kill us!
Paimon: Aether, stop her!
Aether: Lumine! Stop! Don't do this!
Lumine: Such a foolish thing that you chose the wrong decision, I told you to NEVER get in our way! Now die!

She slowly levitates into the air and attempts to blow the orb when suddenly, a katana flies towards her chest, stabbing her. The attempt failed, causing it to weaken and shrink. Katsu entered the Cathedral and ran towards her. He turned to Noelle and yelled "Noelle! Your sword!" She wasted no time and threw her greatsword. Katsu catches it and makes his way up to her. Katsu manages to get to the high ground and strikes the greatsword. Suddenly, The Unknown God regains consciousness and stops him. A beacon struck down to the ground, taking them back to Khaenri'ah. They both slowly levitated higher with Katsu. He was furious, as they got higher and higher, Katsu striked the orb, causing a massive explosion to the sky.

Katsu was blown from very far away, away from Mondstadt while Lumine and The Unknown God successfully retreated back to Khaenri'ah. After the massive destruction of Mondstadt, the battle was over. They were all relieved but soon realize that Katsu sacrificed himself.

Katsu crashed on to the ground and hit his head really hard. He got knocked out.

Few Minutes Later
Katsu slowly wakes up and looks around, confused. He gets up and looks around to explore the place. He finds Noelle's sword and grabs it. He was confused, not knowing who owns the greatsword. He held his head and felt a headache. He then made a small shelter and rested.

Meanwhile in Mondstadt
Aether left the Cathedral, worried about Katsu.

Paimon: Katsu really defeated The Unknown God?!
Aether: That is impossible. Katsu never managed to defeat her in the first place.
Paimon: What if he might? Paimon had a feeling there was something more than just Katsu. What are you going to do now?
Aether: I will plan to find him. He could've hurt himself from that fall!
Paimon: Paimon thinks he did!

Before they exit the gates, they were stopped by Noelle.

Noelle: Aether, Paimon wait!
Paimon: Huh? Noelle? What brings you here?
Noelle: I wish I could come to help you but I cannot. I must help Favonius fix the village.
Aether: Don't worry, we'll come to check him. I'm sure he'll be okay.
Noelle: And... Here.

She gave Katsu's katana to Aether.

Paimon: Katsu's katana?
Noelle: It somehow didn't break so I figured to give it to you.
Paimon: Oh wow! Don't worry, we'll give the katana to Katsu!
Aether: Yes, we will.
Noelle: Thank you, Aether, Paimon. Have a safe journey.
Aether: We will! Take care, Noelle!

Noelle nodded and headed back to the Headquarters.

Paimon: She sure is worried about Katsu.
Aether: I noticed.
Paimon: Anyway! We should probably go. Katsu might be bleeding on the way there. Paimon is getting worried! Paimon should be excited because of all of the tasty food you'll cook on the way there!
Aether: Probably the worst thing you could think of in a bad situation.

He started following the smoke that was left by Katsu in the sky. Not knowing Katsu has lost something.
[End of Part 1]