Chapter 14 - The Searh Of Katsu

Aether and Paimon reached nighttime after a long journey.

Paimon: Jeez, Katsu flew all over there?
Aether: I'm afraid so.
Paimon: Paimon is glad he stopped the orb that Lumine created.
Aether: Not likely, Katsu triggers it and causes him to blow from that far distance.
Paimon: But he still stopped them from exploding at Mondstadt.
Aether: Sure, sure. Emergency food will get mad and cook herself.
Paimon: Stop! You're still up to that joke?!
Aether: [Laughs] Yeah, anyway, let us rest here.

They stopped on a nearby tree and set up a camp. The silence fills the atmosphere but soon breaks when they hear a twig snap. Alerted, they prepare what's coming. They hear a familiar voice, coming from the bushes. They stood still, preparing for the incoming sound when Noelle tripped and fell, revealing herself.

Paimon: Noelle?! What are you doing here? You scared Paimon!
Noelle: O-Oh hey! I saw the 2 of you setting up a camp here.
Aether: Is that so? Wait, I thought you were helping the Knights fix the village.
Noelle: Grandmaster Jean told me to follow you. Wait, not in a stalking way, I meant by the companionway.
Paimon: Hmph! Paimon is already a companion with Aether!
Aether: I can be with any companion.
Noelle: My apologies for breaking the mood, but Grandmaster Jean's order. That place where Katsu crashed is probably a dangerous place. She frets that you 2 will not make it and saves Katsu.
Paimon: Paimon and Aether are also worried about Katsu. That's why we planned to rest for a short time. It's the best way to not waste time and still be able to save Katsu.
Aether: It'll make us tired but it's the only to save him
Noelle: Fret not, we can still rest when we're tired. Let us not force ourselves to get tired along the way. Those could be an advantage to the monster that plans to attack us.
Aether: If you say so. Well, let us rest. We need more energy to get there.

They both nodded and they all went to rest.

20 Minutes Later
Aether woke up Noelle. She got up and continued their journey.

Hours Later
They've been walking for a long time until they come across a forest.

Noelle: Do you think Katsu is in there?
Paimon: Only 1 way to find out! Let's go!
Aether: Okay.

They went to the forest and continued their journey. As they got deeper and deeper into the forest, they slowly started to feel uncomfortable in the area. Minutes later, they heard and felt the sound of the bushes and the thump on the ground. They all stopped and took out their weapons. They were preparing for what was coming. Suddenly, a massive creature revealed itself from the forest. The creature notices them and roars.

Paimon: What is that?!
Aether: Monster of course!
Noelle: Prepare!

The creature attacked and attempted to kill them, but they all rolled out of the way and fought back. As they struck their weapons, they noticed nothing hurt or affected the creature. Aether was shocked. The creature turned around and hit him hard, sending Aether flying and crashing into multiple trees. He got unconscious quickly. "Aether! Not again! Don't give up on Paimon! Get Up!" Paimon yelled but it didn't wake him up. The creature slowly got closer to them and was about to finish them. Paimon screamed but Noelle came to save them. She began to struggle to fight back. "Go! Get him out of here! I'll hold this beast off!" She rolled out of the way and continued fighting. The creature roars furiously and runs toward her. The creature used its paws to hit her continuously. Her armour began to slowly break as she continued to lose from the creature. The creature turned around and kicked her hard, sending her flying from a far distance. She crashed onto multiple trees and hit her head on a rock. She was knocked out cold.