Chapter 9 - Betrayal

Weeks Past
Katsu and Aether were away from each other, trying to figure out where Lumine could be. But one day, Katsu was wandering around Monstadt when he suddenly heard Aether calling him at Angel's Share. He followed him inside and sat somewhere quiet.

Aether: I think we're getting closer to Lumine!
Katsu: Really? How so?
Paimon: This person named Dain told me where Lumine is!
Katsu: Aether, Paimon. Are you really going to believe a random stranger named Dain that knows where Lumine is?
Aether: I do! No one even knows who my Sister is!
Paimon: Yeah!
Katsu: [Sigh] Fine.
Katsu: Is that all you 2 have to say?
Aether: Oh, I forgot to mention. I need your help in defeating the Abyss Herald.
Katsu: Very well.
Paimon: Great! We'll meet you later!

Katsu nodded, then Aether left. Katsu lowered his head, feeling something was off. Later that night, Katsu meets up with Aether, outside the gates of Mondstadt. They both then made their way to the domain.

Aether: Dain warned us that there's an Abyss Herald guarding this place.
Katsu: Then be aware.
Aether: I will.

They kept walking until they finally saw The Abyss Herald. The Abyss Herald noticed them and attacked them. Katsu turned to Aether and said "Quick! Find Lumine!". Aether nodded and went to find Lumine, Katsu then sensed an incoming attack, He quickly dodged away and fought back.

Aether continues to search for Lumine when Dain finally shows up. Katsu manages to defeat the Abyss Herald, as the Abyss Herald falls to the ground, Katsu attempts to finish him when someone suddenly deflects his katana.

Katsu turns to the person and realises it was Lumine. She pushed him back.

Aether: Sister!
Katsu: Lumine... Your home!

They both smiled when Lumine suddenly said "Dainsleif, You shouldn't be with them. They're an Enemy to us!". Katsu and Aether were confused. The portal opens up behind her and sees The Unknown God.

Katsu: What...?! Lumine! Why is she here?!
Lumine: Dainsleif, don't make me repeat again. Do not turn against the Khaenri'ah!
Katsu: What are you talking about?! You shouldn't be with them!
Aether: Yes, He's right, Sister. Please come home.
Lumine: Yes... Home. The place where Family is always together.

The Abyss Herald entered the portal. But before The Unknown God and Lumine enter it, Lumine turned to them and said "We will meet again. Though we need no rush, we have more than enough time to wait, Katsu, Brother".

She turned and was about to enter the portal. Out of anger, Katsu threw his katana, stabbing The Unknown God's back. Katsu immediately ran towards them but The Unknown God threw sharp shards, hitting Katsu's chest, hand, and his right eye.

The Unknown God removed the katana on her back and lunged towards Katsu. She attempts to fight him off but Katsu's aggressiveness is starting to weaken her. Before he could even finish her, He suddenly felt a stab on his back. He slowly turned his head around and saw Lumine.

"You forced my hands, Katsu. Don't get in my way" She said as she pulled his katana, making Katsu fall on to his knees. Lumine raised the katana and turned to Aether, who was running towards her. The Unknown God fires a cube, making Aether fall onto the ground. Lumine turns to Katsu and slashes him. Katsu falls unconscious.

Lumine threw the katana away and they both left. Aether gets back up and runs towards Katsu. He kept shaking him, begging for him to wake up but did not move a muscle.

Aether: KATSU!!!
Paimon: Aether! We must take him back to Jean!
Aether: Then help me!

Aether used all of his strength and carried Katsu back to mondstadt. They all saw them calling out for help, causing a commotion to the whole village, even the others in the Favonius Headquarters. Jean exits the HQ and sees Aether carrying Katsu.

Jean: Aether!
Aether: Huh?
Jean: Take him to the Cathedral! We'll meet you there!
Aether: Got it!

Aether used all of his remaining strength to carry him to the Cathedral. Once they reach the Cathedral, Aether kicks the door open and yells out "Barbara!". This caught everyone's attention, at the same time, Barbara caught Aether's attention.

Aether lays Katsu down on the floor. Jean, Lisa, Diluc, And Amber came to the Cathedral and helped Aether carry Katsu.
[To be continued...]