Chapter 17 - Back On Track

Few Days Later
Katsu is slowly beginning to remember everything, from his fighting to friendship. Everything was all going great. The next day, Katsu and Noelle were strolling in the forest.

Katsu: It's nice, no?
Noelle: Yeah, indeed.
Katsu: How many times did we walk around through forests?
Noelle: Not much. Probably 3 or 4.
Katsu: Oh? We should go out sometime!

She blushed and nodded. Suddenly, their conversation is interrupted by a demon that landed in front of them. They stopped and took out their weapon. Few more demons appeared and surrounded them.

Katsu: What are they?!
Noelle: Demons. Not a friendly creature, careful!
Katsu: Got it.

Together, they fought and killed all of the demons around them. Once they were all killed, they all sighed in relief. They heard a voice from behind, and Katsu turned around and pointed his katana towards the person.

Shinobu: Woah! Calm down, Katsu!
Katsu: I'm sorry, who are you?
Shinobu: Not enough time for jokes. We need your help from the demon spree.
Katsu: Demon spree?
Shinobu: Yes. We need to come up with a plan and stop them all, once and for all!
Katsu: Not unless I know who you are!
Kujou Sara: Are you stupid?! He is the general!
Shinobu: Shut up!
Katsu: Silence, woman! The adults are talking!
Noelle: Katsu, maybe you should listen. This seems badly important.
Shinobu: It is! Now, we must return to your base and come up with a plan. We must hurry before it's too late!
Noelle: Come, we must return to Mondstadt.
Katsu: Very well.

They all returned to Mondstadt and warned the people from incoming demons. Jean and the others evacuated the people and prepared the soldiers. Minutes passed and they all finally finished evacuating. Amber and Bennett are alerted that there is a huge wave of demons towards them.

Shinobu: Whoever uses a bow is with me. I know a plan. The rest stays on the ground.
Katsu: Amber, Diona, and Fischl. You 3 with the General.
Amber: Are you sure?
Katsu: He may be a stranger to you all, but he can be trusted.
Amber: Okay. Lead the way, General.

Shinobu nodded and made their way to the tower along with the others.

Katsu: Alright, it's up to all of us. we must close all the gates so we won't be distracted from them flying down here. Tell the soldiers to be ready too.
Jean: We're on it.
Diluc: Yes.
Katsu: Set a team to close the gates. Whoever fights the demons with me, fight the demons. Go!

They all split up. Noelle was going to follow Jean but was stopped by Katsu. He looked at her and said "Let us fight together". She smiled and nodded. Few soldiers joined the team and drew their weapons. Demons started flying down towards them. Before they reached the ground, they started to get blown up. Katsu looked around and saw Shinobu attaching bombs on the arrows. Katsu smiled. He turned around and fought alongside Noelle and the soldiers.

Meanwhile
Jean headed to the back gates and closed it. She turned around and saw Diluc and the soldiers being attacked. She took out her sword and helped them fight back. Demons continued flying towards them, surrounding them. Shinobu commanded Amber and Fischl to fire at the other demons. They fired their arrows at the demons, killing them instantly and saving Jean, Diluc, and the soldiers. This causes few of the demons to target them.

Shinobu: As expected! they are onto us!
Diona: What are we gonna do?!
Shinobu: Split up, take those remaining arrows. Run around those towers and keep fighting!
Amber: Got It.
Fischl: Mhmm.
Kujou Sara:Yes, General.
Shinobu: Go! Kid, stick with me!
Diona: Yes, Sir.

They all split up and head to the other towers and continued fighting.

On the other hand
Katsu was fighting them so easily when he heard "Help!". He immediately turned around and saw Noelle are almost getting piled up by the demons while the other soldiers are going to get killed by the demons. He looked around, thinking which he would save first. He suddenly sensed that someone was behind him. He acted but it was too late, He soon found himself being choked by the Demon Lord. The Demon Lord laughed then raised him in the air, He was then thrown from away, crashing through the house. The Demon Lord roared and attempted to finish Noelle. Katsu immediately recovers and throws a chair directly onto the Demon Lord's head. This stunned the Demon Lord, giving Katsu a chance to free Noelle. The Demon Lord recovers and roars furiously. Katsu and Noelle rolled out of the way and freed the soldiers. Once the soldiers were freed, they recovered immediately and prepared to fight the Demon Lord.

Meanwhile
Kujou, Amber, and Fischl got together and fought against a horde of demons. Everything was fine until they all ran out of arrows and gunpowder. Unable to fight, they decided to flee.

Kujou Sara: Hey, you!
Amber: Me?
Kujou Sara: Yeah, you! Grab some more arrows and craft the same method the way General crafted the explosive arrows! We'll hold them off!
Amber: On it!
Kujou Sara: I don't know if my lightning will help but I will try! Help me hold them!
Fischl: Mhmm!
Amber: Wait! Let me try this!
Kujou Sara: What?

She grabbed the gunpowder and placed them in the middle of the tower.

Amber: Follow me!
Kujou Sara: What are you doing?
Amber: There are so many demons chasing us! This will work! I need you and Fischl's lightning though.
Kujou Sara: Very well. This better work!

The demons were running and flying towards them. But once they reached the middle of the tower, Amber, Kujou, And Fischl aimed their arrows on the gunpowder. Their arrows start to power up. Once their power reached the limit, they all fired it directly at the gunpowder. It catches on fire and at the same time, lightning fuses the fire, causing a massive explosion. Killing most of the demons.

Jean and Diluc were shocked but continued on with their objective. Diluc makes way but he stops when he hears Jean's scream. He immediately ran towards her, killing all of the demons that were surrounding them. She hugged Diluc.

Jean: Thank you.
Diluc: No worries.
Jean: O-Oh, okay. Thank you though.

She blushed. Diluc nodded and made their way back to Katsu. Once they reunited with the others, they were all shocked to see a huge demon.

Katsu: Great! You guys are here! A little hand please!
Jean: What is that thing?!
Diluc: Seems to be a Demon Lord.
Katsu: You are right! Now help us!

Distracted, the Demon Lord kicked him. Sending him flying and crashing on the house again. The Demon Lord was filled with anger and aggressively attacked them. They tried to fight back but the Demon Lord's aggressiveness caused them to lose immediately. Shinobu and the others tried helping but also lost. Katsu slowly opened his eyes and saw Noelle, shaking him.

Noelle: Katsu! Please wake up!
Katsu: Huh...?
Noelle: Please! Wake up! Ah!! AHHH!!!

The Demon Lord grabbed her by the neck. Katsu was also grabbed by the neck and the Demon Lord choked them hard. He slowly looked at Noelle, who was slowly dying. Filled with anger, His right eye began to glow red. He screams very loud, causing the Demon Lord to drop them both. The katana returned and took it out. He slowly draws. The Demon Lord roared and started running towards him. He screamed, causing his katana to burn. He also ran towards him. He jumped high and started spinning as he slowly began to fall. The Demon Lord attempts to hit him but Katsu's katana cuts him into pieces. Once the Demon Lord dies, all the demons around them and even in Inazuma die with the Demon Lord.

Katsu screams in anger and slowly returns back to normal. He wears back his eyepatch and goes to check on Noelle. He was relieved that she was safe.

Days Later
Everything was finally back to normal. Shinobu and Kujou thanked Katsu and left.

Katsu went to check on Noelle at her home. He slowly entered and looked around. He entered her bedroom and found her there. Resting. Katsu sat beside her and softly stroked her hair. He smiled. Knowing that they were left in peace.
[To be continued...]