chapter 2= The ol' burnt turkey.

Julia's POV

I stood by the front door, waiting for my dad's arrival, the chilly winter winds nipping at my nose.

I felt the vibrations of my phone in my long, super soft cardigan.

I pulled it out and saw that dad was calling.

I answered, "Where are you?"

"Wow, not even a friendly and loving hello for your dear old dad?" He replied.

"Charlie will be here soon! And it's gonna be hella embarrassing telling Laura that you're late!" I sighed.

Laura was Scott's ex-wife. They divorced when I was young. They would always yell at each other, so now, if anyone yells, I would be on the verge of tears.

"Sorry, Honey! I ran real late! You wouldn't believe the traffic out here!" His voice went high-pitched.

Then, I heard the sound of a car horn down the phone.

"Yeah, same to you," my dad yelled. "And that's not very lady-like!" He added.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Look, I will try to get home as soon as I can! Bye, honey! Stay warm! It's christmas!" My dad cheerfully said.

"Bah humbug!" I replied flatly, hanging up afterwards.

I puffed air into my cheeks as an annoyed feeling in the pit of my stomach made its way up to my head.

I then thought I saw something.

A boy.

Standing on the pavement.

He seemed.... Different.

He had long, black, curly hair, a very whimsical and ugly sweater on, a green, velvet beret, a dark brown straight jacket over the top and dark brown eyes.

A car horn sounded, and he looked to where the car came from.

I noticed he had strange ears. They were pointy.

No... It can't be!

Ah! Probably just some stupid boy who loves Christmas with all his heart that went full on idiot!

Then, a car pulled onto the pavement outside my house.

Laura waved at me through the window.

I waved back and smiled.

I looked back to where the boy was standing.

He was gone.

The sound of Charlie jumping out of the car and ran up the driveway distracted me.

"Hey, bud!" I smiled, pulling him into a hug.

He didn't answer. He just looked up at me and curved his lips slightly into a small smile.

Laura started to walk up the driveway.

"Aw, Julia! Merry Christmas, sweetie!" She pulled me into a hug.

"Good to see you, Laura!" I pulled away.

"Your dad's late again?" She asked. I had the feeling she already knew the answer, she just wanted to make sure her predictions were correct.

I nodded in response. She sighed. Charlie bowed his head.

Just then, my dad's car pulled up behind Laura's car.

He hastily got out and ran up the driveway.

He pulled Charlie into his side for a hug.

"Oh sorry, I'm late! Hi." He greeted Laura.