chapter 9= It was a dream!

Julia's POV

Just then I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Very quickly.

I then heard the front door open. I could kind of make out dad rummaging through the snow in the front yard. He had no shoes on. It must have been freezing.

He then ran back down the driveway, looked up to the roof, and threw his hands up in confusion.

Soon enough, dad came into the living room, still in his pajamas.

He was looking at the floor, wide-eyed.

He threw himself down onto the sofa next to me and exhaled deeply.

"Are you okay, dad?" I asked. Charlie came next to dad on the other side of him on the sofa.

"Yeah. Just fine, just fine." He smiled, dismissing us with a wave of his hand.

"Are you having a heart attack? I know CPR." Charlie said, gaining a chuckle from me.

"No, I was just..." Dad paused as he looked at his pajamas and saw initials on the breast pocket. "S.C.?" He added.

"Yeah, Santa Claus!" Charlie smiled.

"Hey. Same initials as your name, dad." I traced my fingers over the initials.

"See, Scott Calvin!" Charlie pointed to each letter.

"What?" Dad asked.

Ding dong. The doorbell rang.

Charlie sprinted towards the door.

I ran behind and saw him wave at Laura through the window.

I looked over my shoulder to see dad slowly getting up from the sofa.

The door opened and Laura pulled Charlie into a hug.

"Oh, Charlie! Merry Christmas, honey!" She smiled. She then turned to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Merry Christmas, Julia!" She muttered in the hug.

"Merry Christmas, Laura." I replied.

"Did you have a good time?" Laura called to Charlie, pulling away from me.

"Great time! The best!" Charlie replied, running into the living room to collect his new toys.

Dad came riding out into the hallway on Charlie's new scooter.

"Great," Laura chuckled at dad's scooter. "Scott, nice PJ's. Very festive! Where'd you get them?" She added.

Scott stared at Laura for a second with a dumbfounded expression.

"I don't know." Dad stated with honesty.

"Judy gave them to you!" Charlie reminded dad.

I stood awkwardly between Laura and dad.

"Judy. Really." Laura looked at Charlie.

"Who?" Dad asked.

"Dad, I think he means Judy up at the North Pole!" I smiled at dad, excitement of up North bubbling inside me.

"Ah. One of Santa's little helpers!" Laura chuckled with fake excitement.

"Last night, dad, Jules, and me went with the flying reindeer," Charlie looked at Laura whilst gathering his new toys. "It was really neat, mom. Dad was Santa, Larry showed me the workshop. You know where they make all the toys? And Jules fell in love with the head elf!"

"Charlie!" I exclaimed slightly, giving him a look.

"Gee, thanks for keeping his feet on the ground. Both of you, thanks!" She turned to dad and I.