chapter 25= A toy?!?!

Julia's POV

I was staring at my bathroom mirror in my bedroom. I noticed my candy cane hair was slowly reverting back to my normal (y/h/c) hair.

I sighed.

I then heard my bedroom door open.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Bernard standing in my room.

"Hey..." He sighed.

"Hi." I sighed back.

"You okay?"

"No. I'm scared, B. What if my dad doesn't find a wife? If he doesn't, then we-!"

"We'll never see each other again!" He interrupted me, then bending his head low in sadness.

"... Exactly." I sighed.

"... And they'll have to dust me." Bernard muttered under his breath.

"Dust you? B, what are you talking about?" I asked.

"If you left the North Pole, I would still remember you! If an elf still remembers a human that was once an elf, they would have to dust me to make me forget you!... But, I don't wanna do that." Tears started to flow out of Bernard's eyes.

My heart broke for him. He didn't want to lose me.... And I didn't want to lose him.

I pulled him into a gentle hug. He buried his tear-stained face into the crook of my neck.

"Listen, B, I'm sure my dad will find a wife! It just takes time." I sighed, pulling out of the hug.

Then, my bedroom door swung open.

"This is it! I've got it!" Curtis exclaimed, smiling as he strode into my bedroom.

"Got what, Curtis?" Bernard sighed.

"Follow me to the invention room!" Curtis ran out of my bedroom.

-time skip-
In the invention room...

Curtis slid off his winter jacket as Dad, Bernard, and I stood in the invention room waiting for Curtis to get to the point.

Once he had slid off his jacket, he strode over to us, and smirked with intent.

".... I'm sorry, what's going on?" I asked after a short silence.

"Santa, would you mind repeating what Father Time had said to you in the year-end holiday conference? For the two love birds here?" Curtis smiled at dad.

"Fine," dad sighed turning to Bernard and I. "He said that I couldn't be two places at once!"

"Okay... And your point is?" Bernard sighed.

"Maybe you can be!" Curtis said with a smug smile on his face.

Curtis then turned to the number of elves that were also in the invention room with him.

"Okay everyone, can I get the room for a minute? Thank you. Just... One minute! Take a cocoa break! Have a nice, long break, relax, everyone. I just want to show Santa some improvements on the pantograph!" Curtis exclaimed as the elves cleared the room.

As the doors closed, Curtis came up to us.

"Walk with me," we walked around the machine as Curtis explained, "I tripled the RAM and reconfigured the circuitry paths!"

"I see you've externalised the power source to make better use of the electromagnetic energy!" Dad pointed out, seeming quite proud of the #2 elf.

"No! It's just there because it looks really cool!" Curtis smiled.