chapter 23= We need to talk!

Julia's POV

Dad, Curtis, Bernard, and I were walking through the elf village after the little plane problem.

Curtis sighed.

"You know I didn't break any of the rules! According to the 'Santa Handbook'!" Curtis pointed a finger at Bernard.

"The handbook," Bernard faked excitement.
"Curtis, do you go pee-pee with that thing?"

"It says elves are encouraged to listen to music! It makes them more creative, more productive, and well... More alert!" Curtis explained.

"Look out!!!" I exclaimed, pulling Bernard to the snowy ground.

Curtis and dad ducked as Chet, a reindeer in training, flew right over our heads.

He was cheering, laughing, and singing as he flew through the air, but he soon gave an immense yelp as he plummeted to the ground.

We all arose from the floor.

I ran slightly forward.

"Is he okay?" Dad asked, joining me at my side.

Bernard and Curtis had joined my dad and I and Bernard rested a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up at Bernard to see him squint in the direction of Chet's fall.

"Is he alright?" I yelled to the elves.

"He's okay, Jules!" An elf yelled back.

"Ouch!" I winced.

"That's gonna leave a mark," dad winced. "It's that Blitzen?" He added.

"Looks like Prancer. Curtis,... Who was that?" I asked the young elf.

"It was Chet! One of our reindeer in training!" Curtis said with pride.

"Oh. Well... Please tell me that it's early in his training. Wow. Nice fall." Dad walked past us, patting Bernard on the shoulder as he went.

I scoffed in surprise. I started to walk away with my dad, when my elf ears perked up as I heard Bernard talking to Curtis.

"Curtis, when are you gonna tell them?" Bernard asked.

"Not now." Curtis replied in a whisper.

"Tell us what?" I turned.

They both looked at me with wide eyes.

"Well... Uh... It's nothing, Snow Angel." Bernard quickly said.

"Bernard, you know I hate it when you keep things from me!" I warned, stepping closer to him.

"I'm not keeping anything from you! I promise!" He smiled at me.

"... I don't believe you!" Bernard's smile faded at my words.

"But-" Bernard began.

"I'm not talking to you right now, Bernard. Come back when you're ready to get rid of what you're keeping from me!" I smiled, blew him a kiss, turned, and ran after my dad.

No one's POV

Bernard stared at Julia from afar, wide-eyed and open-mouthed.

"Smooth, Bernie, real smooth," Curtis rolled his eyes. He then began to walk away but turned. "I guess that's it for the smoochy smoochy, huh?" Curtis giggled at his own comment.

"Haha! Very funny!" Bernard snarled sarcastically.

Bernard ran after Curtis.

-time skip-
5 minutes later...