chapter 16= lead up to Christmas.

Julia's POV

We had made it to the North Pole with a lot of time to spare.

As Bernard was walking my dad and I towards the sleigh, he was explaining the plan of Christmas preparations.

"Charlie's got some great ideas on how to keep you safe," He explained. "Santa, this is Quintin, head of research and development!" Bernard introduced us to an elf with ginger hair tied in a long braid, and bright blue eyes.

"Quintin, good to meet ya!" My dad shook his hand firmly.

"Hello, Santa! Charlie and I have put our heads together, and I think we got a few surprises for you!" Quintin smiled mischievously. He had a thick British accent.

"This is some of the best stuff that's come out of the workshop since... The ball." Bernard pushed past my dad and I.

"Fabulous. What happens if I fall off a roof?" Dad called out to Bernard, as dad and I followed him.

They blow two rows of fire at a metallic red suit on a dummy.

The dummy had melted, but the suit was still very much intact.

"Fireplaces will no longer be a problem!" Bernard walked around the back of my dad's chair and stood next to me, smiling at the suit, admiring the elves' work.

Dad raised an uncertain eyebrow at the suit.

As the flames stopped blowing their fiery trumpets, Judy, one of the elves, and Quintin stood either side of the suit.

"It's a new fabric. Completely flame retardant." Quintin beamed at my dad and I.

"It's light-" Quintin began.

"Yet durable!" I chuckled.

"And you can wear the jumpsuit under your coat and pants." Judy joined Quintin in beaming.

"But what do I.. if I fall off... A roof?" Dad spread out his arms in slight annoyance.

Before I knew it, it was finally...
Christmas Eve.