chapter 14= the only right thing.

Julia's POV

I entered the bathroom the next day to my dad, who had dyed his hair back to brown and shaved off his white beard.

He smiled at himself in the mirror.

Just then, both the white beard and the white hair grew back in an instant.

My eyes widened and my jaw hung agape.

"... I'm in big trouble. Mmm-hmm." Dad smiled with wide eyes.

-time skip-
Two days later...

My dad and I went to go and see Charlie, who was at the Judge's office with Laura and Niel.

We were jogging down the hall when we saw Laura and Niel sitting in two leather chairs.

"Where's Charlie?" Dad asked, stopping running.

"We want to talk to him." I sighed.

"He's with the judge." Laura stated, standing from her seat with Niel doing the same.

Suddenly the door to the Judge's office opened and as soon as Charlie saw us, he ran to us.

"Dad! Jules!" He exclaimed, leaping into dad's arms.

"It's all okay. I told the judge everything about you and the North Pole." Charlie whispered to us.

I sighed.

This wasn't gonna be good.

The judge suddenly came out and pulled dad and I aside.

"After reviewing all of your testimonies, I've come to a very difficult decision," the judge began.

I held my breath as tears started to form in my eyes.

"I'm sorry to do this in light of the holiday season, but in the best interest of the child, I'm granting the petition of Dr. And Mrs Miller. Mr. Calvin, as of today, all of your visitation rights are suspended, pending a hearing after the first of the year."

I raised a hand to my mouth and immediately broke down.

I watched as Charlie was walking away down a long hall with Niel and Laura, sobbing so loud.

Dad held me close to him in a warm embrace.

"Let's go home, shall we?" He spoke softly.

I nodded through tears of such sadness.

My dad and I walking through the gentle snowfall.

~O holy night
The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of our dear savior's birth...~

As we entered the house, I shook my coat off in anger, and stormed up into my room, crying all the way.

~Long lay the world
In sin and error pinging,
Til he appeared and the soul felt it's worth...~

As I lay down on my bed, mascara running down my cheeks, I knew I needed comfort.
Comfort from...

~A thrill of hope
The weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn...~

Bernard.

~Fall on your knees.
O hear the angel voices!
O night, divine. O night....
When christ was born.~

I still kept the snowflake ring on my finger.

I rubbed it so hard that I slit my finger on one of the sharp points of the snowflake.

"Ouch." I winced seeing blood form on the surface of my skin in a matter of milliseconds.

I sobbed into my bedsheets, thinking about Charlie's loud and sorrowful sobs about not being able to see me nor my dad... Maybe ever again!

I then felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

"... Bernard?" I spoke softly, sniffling.

"Come here, snow angel." He spoke softly, pulling me into a gentle hug.

I cried into his chest as he rubbed soothing circles on my back.

"I feel like a terrible sister. I shouldn't have let it go this far." I said between sniffles.

"Hey, it's not your fault. I'm so sorry it had to end like that." He comforted me.

"I wish my dad had never put that coat on. None of this would've happened if my dad hadn't gone in that sleigh." I sighed.

"Hey! Don't say that! Look at me, Jules," I looked into his eyes. "Just think about all the fun you had with your brother and your dad. In my opinion, it was probably one of the most magical experiences of your lives! And... If I'm honest, meeting you was... Kind of a miracle for me." He smiled with such sparkle in his eyes.

"Stop lying, B." I chuckled, turning away from him.

"It's true! I had never been able to be as open with my feelings until I met you." He put an arm around me.

"Aw, B! That's really sweet!" I smiled.

"I see you've cut your finger! Sorry about the ring! I knew I should've gotten a less risky one!" Bernard took my hand in his, and inspected my finger.

"It's okay! Don't worry about it it's just a cut! It'll heal itself!" I smiled. I then felt the urge to do something.

I thought of something, and I think he did to.

His cheeks turned bright red. As red as Santa's suit.

His eyes suddenly shifted to my lips, and my eyes did the same.

We suddenly, slowly but surely, started to lean in towards each other.

I felt his lips slightly graze mine.

But then,

Knock, knock, knock.

My bedroom door went.

We pulled away from each other.

"Jules! Come out! Dinner's ready," Dad's voice came. "I'm comin' in!" Dad added.

"B, you gotta go!" I quickly whispered.

"Okay!" He snapped his fingers and he was gone in an instant.

My dad stepped into my room.

"Hey. How are ya feelin'?" Dad asked.

"I'm fine! I'll be down in a second!" I replied.

"... Okay." Dad winked before leaving my bedroom.