Chapter 4= just like magic!

Julia's POV

I felt my inner child pounding on my heart chamber, desperate to break free.

"Woah." I heard Charlie beside me, looking up at the roof in awe.

A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth.

I chuckled and looked to see my dad squeezing his eyes shut and opening them again, unsure on whether he was dreaming or not.

I rolled my eyes, reached over Charlie's head and pinched dad on the arm.

"Ow!" He exclaimed.

"You're not dreaming, dad," I glanced up at the roof. "We can see it too."

"Dad! Jules!" Charlie got our attention. Charlie always calls me Jules.

He ran over to the man on the ground. I looked to see only his suit lying in the snow.

"Hey, dad! He's gone!" I joined Charlie at his side.

I saw dad looking at the empty suit.

"He's naked somewhere." Dad looked up and down the street.

"You're gonna put on the suit like the card said?" Charlie asked.

"Oh, yeah! Are you dad?" I asked, my inner child has finally been let out.

"No. No." My dad replied.

"Come on, dad. Jules and I wanna go too." Charlie whined.

"Stop it, Charlie. We're not going anywhere." Dad snapped slightly.

"You never do what Charlie wants to do!" I complained.

"Kids, would you please be quiet for a second so I can figure this out?" Dad walked away and paced an area of the front yard.

"Reindeer up on the roof," dad muttered to himself. "Santa's suit laying on the ground. Guy fell," he shrugged at the air. "Not my fault. Reindeer up on the roof. That is hard to explain."

"It's a ladder." Charlie whispered.

I gasped lightly.

BONK! dad turned around and walked right into a ladder that had appeared in a puff of gold dust.

"Where the hell'd this come from?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at the ladder.

Charlie climbed up the first few steps of the ladder.

I then noticed a little plaque on one of the steps.

"Look here, dad, 'The Rose Suchak Ladder Company'!" I read it out, tracing my finger over the plaque.

"Huh?" A confused dad asked.

"Out by the roof, there's arose suchak ladder! Just like the poem!" Charlie reminded dad of the book he read to him just a few hours ago.

"Just like the poem?" Dad repeated.

I rolled my eyes as Charlie climbed further up the ladder. I followed in hot pursuit.

"Kids, come on down from there! Kids, get down from there!" Dad called up the ladder.

Charlie had reached the top.

"Dad! You gotta see this!" Charlie called down from the roof.

I had reached the top and saw the beautiful creatures up close.

They had green reins with silver bells that ring out with a merry melody.

"Don't touch anything!" I heard Dad's voice.