chapter 17= Something about you.

Julia's POV

As my dad went off to go and get ready to deliver all the gifts to the children of the world, I decided to take a wander through the workshop.

Every elf that went past greeted me. They really made me feel like I was truly home.

I made my way over to one of the work stations with elves painting doll faces.

I came to one of the elves with her tongue sticking out slightly in concentration.

"Nice work, Tinsel." I softly said, trying my best not to disturb her.

She grinned as she heard me.

"Thanks, Jules." She replied in the same softness.

I smiled down at her.

I then noticed Charlie running up to me.

"Jules!" He exclaimed.

"Hey, bud. What's up?" I asked.

"I wanna give you something." He beamed at me.

He pulled out what looked like a walkie-talkie from behind his back.

"This is for when me and dad are out on delivery! It's a two-way radio that connects you straight to me! I have one too!" He handed it to me.

"Aw, thanks, bud! I know that this is gonna come in handy! Hey, that reminds me," I crouched opposite him. "If you or dad are in any sort of trouble, contact me... Straight away, you understand?"

He nodded. He then pulled me into a hug.

"I love you, Jules." He whispered.

"I love you too, Bud."

-time skip-
5 minutes later...

I was walking up to my dad's office.

I peered into the door to see dad retrieving his coat from the hat stand.

"Big night tonight, eh, dad?" I smiled.

He smiled when he saw me.

"Yep! First big night... Riding the sleigh!" He chuckled.

"Yeah! Listen, I told this to Charlie, and he just gave me a two-way radio. If you or Charlie are in any sort of trouble, you need to contact me straight away!"

I pulled him into a gentle hug.

"I promise you we'll be very careful, sweetheart." He mumbled in the hug.

-time skip-
2 hours until takeoff...

I was walking through the different work stations when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around and smiled to see Bernard.

"Hey, B." I smiled at him.

"Hey, um... Only 2 hours until takeoff!" He chuckled.

"Yeah... Bit daunting, but I'm sure it'll be fine!" I sighed.

"Yeah..." He sheepishly scratched the back of his neck. "Um, can I show you something? I think you're really gonna like this!" He smirked at me.

"Oh, um... Sure!" I smiled.

"Okay! Follow me!" Bernard started to lead me out of the workshop.

We started making a beeline for the outskirts of the elf village, and started heading into the area known as the wobbly woods.

As the golden sun sunk down into the horizon, the skies darkened.

The trees blocked out any light that could try to reach the forest grounds.

I clutched onto Bernard's sleeve as I couldn't see where we were going, and I didn't want to loose him in these dark woods.

"It's okay, Snow angel. We're almost there." He cooed.

My breathing became shaky.

I then saw blue light coming from a circle of trees.

"Here we are." Bernard whispered.

I squinted my eyes to try and inspect it further.

The different shades of blue were caused by something, but I couldn't see what until Bernard led me into the centre of the tree circle.

I gasped.

Absolute beauty was lying before me.

The tall, and towering ring of about 5 trees were stood in a circle.

Each individual branch was gifted with a droopy icicle that looked like tears that took too long to fall from the great eye of snowy scenery and froze...

The icicles had all different shades of blue lights, shining inside them with an immense glow.

I stared at the trees in awe.

"What are these?" I giddily spoke.

Bernard stood beside me.

"These are tundra trees. These five are the last of their kind." He muttered.

"Oh, B. They're beautiful." I smiled.

"I knew you'd like them." He smiled back at me.

"How did you find this place?" I asked.

"I have my ways." He winked at me.

"Oh, how mysterious." I teased him.

He chuckled. I loved his laugh. It was like music to my ears.

"Hey, Jules... I have something to confess." Bernard's expression turned serious.

My smile faded slightly.

"What is it, B?"

"I-...uh-... Oh, boy." He stuttered.

I held his hands for slight comfort.

"You can tell me, B." I muttered.

"Um... Ever since I met you... There was something about you that... Kind of set free... The good in me." He began, the tundra trees around us supporting him every step of his wordy way with their warm marine flow. "And now... I feel like... I can't control these feelings anymore. Okay, the truth is... I like you, Jules. I really like you. I'm so sorry if I sound delusional, but... It's true." He smiled down at me with what looked like... Love in his eyes.

I realized then and there, THIS... Was my chance.

"B... Thanks to you... I have an early Christmas present for you. Close your eyes." I smiled up at him, my eyes examining his face.

"Oh... Uh... Okay!" Bernard's eyes fluttered shut.

I took a deep breath and slowly stepped towards him.

I leaned in slowly and kissed him softly on the lips. I deepened the kiss.

He tensed up at the sudden action I had burdened upon him. But he soon melted into the kiss and slowly brought his hand to my hair, and intertwined his fingers with my candy cane locks.

As we slowly parted, we couldn't hear anything, and the only sense of life forces around us were our gentle breathing.

"Jules... Would you wanna go out with me... But not as friends?" He whispered.

"Are you kidding me?" I wrapped my arms around his torso and pulled him closer to me. "I would love to."

I felt his arms slithering around my waist.

He stared at me intently with slightly seductive eyes.

"Hey, B. Don't you think we should head back? So we can be on time for my dad to take off?" I asked.

"Oh! Uh, yeah! Of course! Come on! Don't worry! I'll get a flashlight for the journey back.

.... This was what real love looked like.