chapter 19= You're those Calvin kids!

Julia's POV

As I was scanning the streets of Lakeside, Illinois.

The sleigh on mom and Niel's roof came into view.

"There it is!" I exclaimed, pointing to the roof.

The E.L.F.S. and I slowly descended onto the roof.

As soon as Charlie saw me, he sprung out of the sleigh, ran up to me, and hugged me so tight.

"Jules! You made it!" He mumbled in the hug.

"Did you really think we'd leave ya behind?" I pulled away from him.

"Charlie?" The leader of the E.L.F.S. approached my brother.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Don't worry! We're the good guys! Come on! Let's go save Santa!" The E.L.F.S. leader smiled.

"We can't! The police are watching this place!" Charlie sadly sighed.

"Yeah, they probably are. But you see, we weren't figuring walking out the front door," The elf smiled. "We find that we can get around a lot faster if we fly!"

"Now.. grab ahold of my hand," Charlie held the elf's hand. "And hang on tight." He smirked at Charlie.

We walked towards the top of the roof and prepared for take off.

"And Charlie?" The E.L.F.S. leader spoke.

"Yeah?"

"Don't ever try this without elf supervision." The elf smiled.

Charlie smiled back.

I smiled at them both.

"Hang on to your tinsel, bud." I chuckled as we slowly lifted off the roof and propelled forward on the air.

As we flew faster, I saw a cop leaning against a cop car outside mom and Niel's house, drinking a cop of hot coffee.

I flew down to him and knocked his hat off of his head.

"That's for my dad!" I shouted back at him.

He stared at the E.L.F.S., Charlie, and I with wide eyes.

And he accidently spilled his coffee all over himself.

We all laughed as we flew towards the police station.

As we walked into the police station, at the front desk was a chubby man, with curly, ginger hair reading a book.

As he noticed us stood by the front desk, he lowered the book and looked over his desk.

"We're looking for Santa Claus." The E.L.F.S. leader said.

"Go home, kids," the man spat. "Visiting hours are over."

"Oh, we're not kids. And we're NOT visiting." I stated matter-of-factly.

"We're here to bust out our dad." Charlie looked up at me then back at the man.

"You're those Calvin kids!" He suddenly realised.

The man looked away from us and as he dad, Charlie and I stuck our tongues out at him.

"Who are these other kids?" The man looked between the elves.

"We're your worst nightmare," the E.L.F.S. leader signalled the other elves. "Elves with attitude."

Suddenly two members of the E.L.F.S. sat the man back down in his chair.

They started to spin him around in it violently as they wrapped him up in thick red ribbon.

Once the spinning subsided, Charlie shoved a donut in the man's mouth to keep him quiet.

"Remind me to never get a place in your bad books." I turned to the elves.

They smiled at me.

We ran down a long corridor of prison cells until I saw the familiar red glow of my dad's suit.

"Dad!" I exclaimed, running up to the cell and clutching the bars.

"Jules! Charlie! You made it!" He smiled at us.

"Are you okay, dad?" Charlie asked.

"I am now!" Dad smirked.

The E.L.F.S. leader retrieved a singular strand of tinsel, and took off the hinges of the cell in one slide.

My dad whistled in amazement as the prison cell door tumbled to the floor.

"How'd you do that?" Dad asked.

"Tinsel. Not just for decoration." The elf winked at my dad.

My dad hummed and shrugged his shoulders as we ran out of the station and made a beeline for mom and Niel's house.