chapter 18= Jules, do you copy?

Julia's POV

As dad hopped into the sleigh, preparing for takeoff, I approached the sleigh.

"Hey, dad!" He looked down at me.

"Like I said before-!"

"Be careful! I know!" Dad's eyes sparkled.

I smiled.

"Hey, Bernard." My dad called my, now, boyfriend over, and he approached the sleigh.

"Make sure everything is set up for a party for all the elves when I get back!" He winked at the head elf and clicked his tongue.

"Will do, sir!" Bernard bowed his head in a humble manner.

"Alright," Dad exclaimed. "You ready to go, sport?" He turned to Charlie.

"You betcha, dad." Charlie smiled at him.

"Now dasher, now dancer. Now prancer and vixen!" Dad exclaimed.

"On comet, on Cupid. On Donner and blitzen!" Charlie exclaimed.

"Hah! Hah!" Dad whipped the reins.

"Bye, Santa!"

"Bye!"

"See ya later!"

"Goodbye, Santa!" The elves yelled as the sleigh rose from the ground.

"Bye, dad!" I called.

"Bye, Jules!" He called down to me.

As Santa waved back at all the elves, the sleigh flew off into the night.

-time skip-
20 minutes later...

Bernard had gone back to my house back in Lakeside, Illinois to retrieve the outfit he gave me last Christmas.

The white dress, the long, red blouse that goes over the dress, and the knee-high brown, swade boots.

Since I'm an elf now, I needed a full elvan outfit.

As I changed into the outfit, I realised the little note Bernard had put with the outfit.

'Thought I'd put together an outfit for you...

Just in case.'

Now I know what I needed this outfit for.

Once I had changed, I sat on the end of my bed in my room, and a few minutes later, Bernard joined.

"You look beautiful in that outfit, snow angel." He smiled.

"Thanks, B!" I smiled at the floor, trying to hide my hard blushing cheeks.

But my smile soon faded.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He sat down next to me on my bed.

"I feel like I'm different from the other elves!" I sighed.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"This hair! I haven't seen any elves who have candy can hair like I do!" My gaze met his.

"Well, in my opinion, I think that makes you even more special. You look beautiful, Jules. And don't let anyone tell you any different." He smiled at me, wrapping an arm around me.

"Thank you, B," I suddenly realised something. "Hey, B. How do you think my dad's gonna react about us being together?" I asked.

It took a few seconds for my words to sink in before Bernard's eyes widened.

"Oh, um... Well, he'll probably kill me." He replied flatly.

I chuckled. "B, I know my dad, and he won't kill you!"

He scratched the back of his neck and chuckled nervously.

-time skip-
One hour later...

I was lying down on my bed, fast asleep.

Bernard was enjoying a nice drink break in the workshop.

Just then, I was awoken by the static of the walkie-talkie that Charlie gave me.

I scrambled for the device.

I suddenly held it to my mouth.

"Jules, do you copy?" I heard Charlie's voice.

"Charlie? Is that you?" I answered.

"Jules, alert the elves, dad has just been taken by the police!" He sounded so afraid.

Horror struck me.

"Oh no! Just hang on Charlie! We'll be there right away, okay?" I tried to console his fear.

"Okay! Hurry! I'm all alone on the roof of mom and Niel's! I'm scared, Jules!" His shaking voice made my heart throb.

"Just stay strong for me, bud. We're on our way! Over and out!" I turned off the walkie, sprang out of my bed and sprinted to the workshop.

I saw Bernard sitting with Quintin and Judy, enjoying a well-deserved break.

But I was about to interrupt their breaks.

"Bernard, we have a problem. My dad has been taken from my mom and Niel's house by the police, and now Charlie's in the sleigh on the roof by himself!" I explained.

"Well," Quintin folded his arms and looked towards Bernard. "Time to deploy E.L.F.S.?"

Bernard gave a stern nod, arose from his seat, and walked around to a long rope, pulled it, and a bell rang throughout the workshop.

I started to run to the E.L.F.S. department when Bernard ran after me, and grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"B, I'm going with the E.L.F.S. to save my dad!" I simply replied.

"No! Jules, it's too dangerous!" His worried face gave me butterflies.

"B, I know how to take care of myself!" I smiled.

"I know, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I let you go, and you got hurt, or caught, or-!" He rambled.

"B," I cupped his cheek with my hand "I'll be back before you know it!"

I then leaned in and pecked him on the lips.
A warm smile grew on his face.

As I slid my arms into the straps of the E.L.F.S. jetpack, I puffed air into my cheeks, preparing myself for the journey.

I know that elves can fly, but I haven't had proper magic training yet.

"Just be careful, snow angel." Bernard stroked my cheek.

"I will." I whispered, touching my forehead to his.

As I pulled away from him, I pulled a chord and the jetpack started up with a low humming that sent vibrations throughout my body.

As my feet slowly lifted off the ground, I waved goodbye to Bernard. He returned my action, and soon enough,

.... I flew off into the night with the E.L.F.S. to go and save my dad.